General Grabber AT2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.google.it
I am posting this because I want this to be helpful in the chore of finding new tireS, or in my case your first offroad tire.

After 100 miles I love the General Grabber AT2. They are so quiet. Barely noticeable but when you hear them you smile. Excellent in wet conditions. I will be updating this thread as i gain more miles out of them. If your thinking about the general grabber at2 get them.

I had them on my Titan Pro4x in 35x12.50's and loved those tires. Did great in sand, dirt, snow, mud, rocks, everything. Those will be the tires I put on the LX. I pick it up this week

I have them on my 2002 LC, LT295 / 75R16. Great tire for everything. Bought them in Febuary, love them. When I bought my LC it came with BFG all terrains. Didn't like them, they were stiff (bad ride) and I was sliding around in the snow. These are great in the snow. Very happy with my purchase.

I find them to be too bouncy on my Taco. Never experienced that before. I also had to have two of four replaced for balance issues. I have them at a pressure, about 28, that gives me a good contact line when checked using the chalk line method.

I'm not crazy about them only having a 2 ply sidewall. They're not going to be used for wheeling, but just the same. I know they'll be great in the snow, as that's the main reason i got them, but will be going back to BFG ATs when these wear out.

I put about 30k on a set of these on an 05 tacoma before I sold the truck. I loved them. Rode nice, reasonably quiet, wore very well, fantastic in the snow, and good for the mild off roading I did with them. Like most real A/T tires they are a little heavy and I did lose about 1.5 MPG when I put them on. I was going to put a set on my current tacoma last year when I was buying wheels but my rep at the tire rack talked me into Grabber HTS' instead considering I do mostly highway driving. They sure are smooth and quiet and capable in the snow. Even took them off road and didn't have any trouble. But they wear WAY too quick. 20k miles and they're half gone. I'll be going back to AT2's next time around.

I have lost about 1-2 mpg but that is to be expected with most tires. I have put about 1500 miles on them still very quiet

I'm considering getting 235/85R16's for my 80.

My 80 will be a DD with some mild off-roading. There will definitely be snow/rain involved since I am in Michigan.

Anybody have any input for that?

I put about 30k on a set of these on an 05 tacoma before I sold the truck. I loved them. Rode nice, reasonably quiet, wore very well, fantastic in the snow, and good for the mild off roading I did with them. Like most real A/T tires they are a little heavy and I did lose about 1.5 MPG when I put them on. I was going to put a set on my current tacoma last year when I was buying wheels but my rep at the tire rack talked me into Grabber HTS' instead considering I do mostly highway driving. They sure are smooth and quiet and capable in the snow. Even took them off road and didn't have any trouble. But they wear WAY too quick. 20k miles and they're half gone. I'll be going back to AT2's next time around.

When you say they wore well, how worn were they after 30k miles?

Just ordered some 285 75 r16 s on tire rack not many choices for a load range d tire. I would have gone for the 295s but I didn't want to be under geared.

Well I am about 5-6000 miles in and I still love these tires. They do excellent in sand even at 40psi. Huge improvement over LTX in sand.Still a quiet tire, wet traction is great. Have not had the chance to do much offroading at this point.

UPDATE: The Grabbers performed very well during 100sintheHills! I was worried that being a load D i would have a blow out. This waas not the case. They got me through every trail and performed extremely well. I was pleased. Now I have about 17,000 miles on the tires and they still look pretty new. One tire has minor chunking from the Ouray, CO Trip and thats it. Pics to follow

Been running them in a 315/75 for a month now and couldn't be happier.

After all is said in done I'll about $1125 in 5 of them with lifetime rotation/balance/road hazard.

I used to have a set and was super happy with them. they endured a lot of miles and abuse. they did great in snow and rain. I put like 40k on them and they could have gone longer. Their 60k mileage claim is not bs. I got rid of them because over the course of 6-7 years they started to rot sitting out in the sun all day and I was looking for an excuse to upgrade to 33s.

About three months prior I almost went with terra grapplers as someone had ordered a set of 295's and didn't pick them up, they offered about the same price that I ended up paying for the GG's.

I'm glad I waited for the AT2's, the price match and rebate made this a fine deal for some new boots.

How are these with towing? Was planning on going with 33s as I tow my boat every so often.

I have towed seadoos which are pretty light. No complaints but not a lot of highway towing either

Love mine. I only have about 300 miles on them but they are really quite on the road. It will be a couple weeks before I get off road but I expect good results. I know the tread is deep and picks up rocks like no tires I've had.

Hopefully the soybeans will be cleared from the 200+ acres I have my shop at and I'll be able to give mine the mud test this weekend. They do love to pick up rocks in that deep tread.

These definitely likes to pick up rocks!
@warezdog let us know your mud experience!

So i have 2 offroad weekends with these tires, Hawk Pride (Mountain), AL and Ouray CO.

These tires have done very well. Snow they are awesome, rain is very good. Definitely get them balanced eveer 5-7,500.

Here is some pictures of them with about 26,000 miles on them

I've got 4000+ miles on mine - 31 x 10.5's on my '83 FJ60.
Almost all highway, some unpaved roads. No real offroading or horrendous weather but I do like how they ride, seem to wear well and look good. Overall very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom