80 slider opinion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_1082.JPG
IMG_1084.JPG
IMG_1085.JPG
IMG_1087.JPG

Too short, looks like they were built for a different rig and then reused on the 80.

Rocky-Road? I think I have the same ones. Not terribly impressed but Im not a hardcore wheelin type, needed cat protection mostly.

I don't know if you bought sliders from Rocky Road or not. I did and the fitment was crap and the customer service was the worst of any company I have ever done business with. They required cutting and rewelding and still were a bad fit.

I don't know if you bought sliders from Rocky Road or not. I did and the fitment was crap and the customer service was the worst of any company I have ever done business with. They required cutting and rewelding and still were a bad fit.
Customer service has been great for me, but fitment was crap. I haven't bothered to re-weld yet as they are working okay, but I was really disappointed with the level of precision and the flimsy mounting method. Again, I wont be smashing these things up all over the place so its not a big deal for me. I chose them because it saved me a grundle not having them shipped and I got a great deal working with them and getting a second pair for a tacoma at the same time. I bought my TJM kit from them, and I will be getting a canopy (ARB) from them soon probably, but in all honest, I wouldn't recommend these sliders to anyone.

already in the works...just going to use these until after i get back from the CON next week and can install the longer ones from A+plus!!

I finally got my 4 Plus sliders on my 1997 LC last week, these sliders are extremely heavy duty and I love the way they mount.
You will be required to weld the brackets onto the frame, sliders are mounted with 3 1/2" bolts per bracket.
The installation process was straight forward and simple, but you will need about 3 hours to get all the brackets welded.
A floor jack with a flat surface for the sliders to sit on will make the install extremely easy to level and help keep it in place while you mark up the frame.

The mounting design on these sliders make it a breeze to take off and put back on when you are ready for your trip.
Since I have a family with 2 little ones, I have made plans to add steps to these sliders to help the wife and kids get in and out. It will also make it easier for me to strap them into their car seats when we go do our groceries or extreme off road trips to the mall.
The sliders appear to be short because they were made with mud flaps on, as you can see my mud flaps have been taken off because I didn't want them torn off while in the parking lot. Overall, these sliders are freaking hardcore and look very sexy, they will outlive the truck.

I'm thinking of doing a group buy for my friends 1996 LC after Dave recover from his back surgery.
The group buy will be for the longer version + 5" (i wish I can get an extra 5"), extended to sit behind the fender flare. These weigh in about 80lbs each, cat side is about 5lbs heavier.
Anyone interested in the group buy? I'm located in Socal but anyone and everyone is welcome to participate, mudship and shipping have to be set up on your end.
please express interest below so I can workout details with Dave.

Here are a few shots of the sliders with no finish to display the excellent welds.

20140520_091603_zps8pe7wyxu.jpg

20140520_091647_zpspp8ejyqf.jpg
20140520_091855_zpsmxjawhge.jpg

20140520_092138_zpsaj9okocd.jpg

20140520_092217_zpszcz2qj4e.jpg

After a good rub down, I sprayed the sliders with primer for paint.

20140623_171744_zpsnwrzuwsx.jpg
20140623_171839_zpsiej9pmyu.jpg
20140623_171809_zpse08zllnv.jpg

I was debating between eye popping red, bronze, or silver... decided to go with silver since my truck is gray and I don't want any unwanted attention, It sort of back fired because it blended in way too well.

20140623_174205_zpsrixjimab.jpg
20140629_112116_zps8zzncajb.jpg
20140629_111948_zpsl8virzaa.jpg
20140629_111935_zpsnx5t3kdw.jpg
20140629_111843_zpscknrpjlz.jpg
20140629_111835_zpst9slagr1.jpg

Last edited:
very nice color choice!

Extend them to the wheel wells. Also, how about recreating these boat side sliders since the original guy isn't interested?

HK6A6585.jpg

HK6A6589.jpg

HK6A6582.jpg

HK6A6591.jpg
Who can we get to build these??? This has to be one of the better slider designs I've seen.

Word is Frank (the guy who made those) is putting them back into production.

I love my White Knuckle Off Road ones, you can choose what length you want....I like to have it cover more of the sides..
Don't care about chump flaps....lol

Who can we get to build these??? This has to be one of the better slider designs I've seen.

I'll blow out a bunch of the slider itself in any size/shape wanted for $400, but the mounts and cat area is for you to design. you'll appreciate the cost of the others once you goto install them and deal w the cats.

I'll blow out a bunch of the slider itself in any size/shape wanted for $400, but the mounts and cat area is for you to design. you'll appreciate the cost of the others once you goto install them and deal w the cats.
The slider body itself isnt bad at all its mounting and cat area that I'm having trouble with on my design. To make it "idiot proof" for lack of a better term, is tough. Ease of installation for EVERYONE is hard to get right. Thats whats giving me troubles guys.

Gotta say, I like my Metaltech sliders a lot. Great cat protection, high against the rocker, and make a decent step. Took a few weeks to figure out the best way to get into the vehicle while using that style slider. (pro tip: use the right foot in parallel to the slider and in the divot and then sit in the seat and slide over).

Either way, they bolted right up without an issue.

Ill bite!

PM me or post up your details on boat style sliders, no cat protection needed here.

If you could work in the way the slider fits the front flare like my old set (pictured) would be a plus

Weld on is fine as long as they are booger dumpster approved
thumb.gif

P4050234.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom