Aussie fj55 lover hi new to the forum (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well took the 2f out the farm to the parts cruiser and bought back the 2h hopefully I can sell some of the bits off the petrol, air box, distributor, rebuilt carby missing one bearing just got to find power steering set up, edic relay and glow plug timer
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413238500.661605.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413238529.478217.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413238577.911214.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413238597.160611.jpg

dude! it is summer there!!!
I'm getting myself mentally prepared for snow, and you are rebuilding engines...Just makes me want to be there.

Yeah the weather is getting really nice still meant to snow down to 800 metres tonight would much prefer to be driving and camping rather than rebuilding but beggars can't be choosers

In the process of putting the 2h in having to cut off the gearbox mounts off and engine mounts and moving them backwards the diesel doesn't have gearbox mounts on the bell housing so putting a crossmember in
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414215276.780830.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414215296.846513.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414221998.347873.jpg
crossmember and gear box mounts all painted up. In unrelated news back to work in the morning for the first time in three months after my back operation I had to do a function and mobility test on Tuesday to be cleared for work part of it was twenty squats I'm sure miley Cyrus wouldn't be able to do that many the pain in my legs only subsided yesterday

I had the 2h in my old 55 I used the standard viscous clutch and fan I'm thinking that will fit the only difference I've gone from a four speed to a five but the extra length is out the back so I'm hoping it works I didn't have a shroud on the other one only because I didn't have one so I'm hoping that will fit as well. Time will tell

Just picked up the parts I needed another air box, power steering pump and a fuel relay for the 2h edic motor costs me $300 in total which wasn't too bad the pump had been rebuilt cost him $400 not that long ago
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1415419224.145986.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1415419238.864947.jpg

Well not quite two weeks but picked it up Xmas morning been tidying up and fixing some of the rushed bits been for a couple of little spins definitely turning some heads. Just a couple of little things to fix then next block off going camping. Don't worry there will be a plethora of photos soon merry Xmas to all on this great forum.

Battery is cooking the alternator is overcharging Matt took the internal regulator out of the 2h alternator and used the external regulator in the 55 loom something went wrong there will have to look into it next week but at least it's home

Donnie,

sure looks good. How fitting is that, going camping to celebrate. You're a lucky guy!

The centre insert was already carpeted it match the floor and side panels and the back of the original back seat it was in pretty good condition after a clean so I left it. Harry came from the pound as a pup they said her mother was staffy and a kelpie and an English bull terrier got over her. The rest of the litter were kelpie looking and Harry was the only white one. Thought she was going to be male but had already picked name so Harriet when she is naughty which is quite often.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1419873646.613980.jpg

Did you replace the seals on the tailgate and rear window? They look to be in good condition. If so, where did you get them - in OZ?

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom