High End TrollHole Design Soft Top with Magnets (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marshall, when do you think you will be ready to take orders. I want one of these with magnets. I ordered the Bow set from Real Steel. Will I need any other parts? Also need to coordinate sending my best top door tops to be recovered to match

Ken your top is almost done. Think you will be pleased.

This was before the bungees were attached so it was a little loose. Magnets are really cool and just enough pull.
image.jpg

The bungee attachments. The magnets are attached to fiberglass battens that slide into pockets on the bottoms of the windows.

image.jpg

All the windows zip out as well roll up.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Ken your top is almost done. Think you will be pleased.

This was before the bungees were attached so it was a little loose. Magnets are really cool and just enough pull.

Awesome, I'll post pictures after it is installed

Correct. No drilling. That was the main reason I went with this design. Plus I hated the straps in the back. Made getting in a pain. There are no straps in the back window area though the flap is there if someone wanted to add anchors. The magnets hold the panel on just fine and the corners keep the top from moving.

Just like the sides. Though the magnets are sewn into the sides. I've got to put Kens on my cruiser for the final time today I'll take some pics. I'm under the gun this morning getting the 45 pickup to my top people today.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
Excellent craftsmanship Marshall. I couldn't be happier

I have an aqualu tub and still in the process of building my steel rim around the tub lip for the magnets. I wanted to see how it worked so I used Velcro along the bottom and it is working great in the interim.

They did a nice job recovering my best toptop half doors as well

Thanks!

I took off the Velcro and installed the steel rails around my aqualu al tub. The magnets are great. Real l happy with the top

rail.JPG

Last edited:
One of my Club members pointed out that my front bow was way to low. I don't know why Reel Steel doesn't have a set screw rather than letting it fall into the tube as far as it will go. Easy fix, raised it 4+ inches. Might still be a bit low, but looked perfect to the eyeball
Top after fix.JPG

i they expect you to hold it in position with the bolt that goes through the body behind the b-pillar.

Top looks awesome - nice truck.

You could be right, but I have a set screw now

Took it for a spin today

Doing 75 on the highway, no issues with the top or magnets
40.JPG

Actually you're supposed to weld them at the top. I do the top and bottom on the ones in the shop. Could also use a body adhesive or epoxy to bond them. I've done a couple self tapping screws in in them as well. Could rivet as well. I like the idea of being to take them apart.

So is the only way to get the magnets to stick to the aluminum tub to fasten the steel rim around the tub in the back? Is that included?

No it's not. Another way would be to attach magnets to the tub in certain spots. When I designed this I never even thought of the aluminum tubs. But Ken changed that thinking real quick.

Over a month of ownership and no issues. Drove for an hour at 75MPH on the highway and everything was good. This design is awesome with the magnets.

Also, now that I look at the classic OEM type top, I really like the new window design on this top. So much better.

Marshall - should I treat the canvas with anything for long term?

VERY satisfied customer

BTW - they did a great job recovering the bestop Soft Door uppers

No treatment needed. It has a synthetic outer. Glad you like it. I currently have a 7 window OEM on mine and with a 5" lift and big tires it makes seeing cars on the right side almost impossible. One of the main reasons I like the bigger windows.

Marshall,

Are you still making these strap free soft tops? I've been following your threads for the FST that you make but no mention of the magnetic option. I am very interested in one and may order the Metal Tech family cage at the same time from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom