Curved 50" LED Light Bar Mounts/Brackets? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.hrodesign.com
Does anyone know if anyone out there makes door sill mounted curved LED light bar brackets for the 100?

I did some checking on here, EBay and on the web but didn't find anything. My recent trip to Death Valley made me realize that I desperately need more light when driving offroad at night. My rig is stock right now and I'm not really wanting a permanent mounting of extra lights and I'm ok with having brackets sticking out of my door sills when I don't have the light bar mounted.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
dLXt7Rf.jpg

82y8nfr.jpg

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm planning on making my own using the roof rack mount screws. This way, I don't have to drill anymore into the body.i'll post pics when i finally get it done.

Great idea. Ya, I'm not wanting to drill any holes either. Please share some pics when you're finished with it.

Been thinking the same thing @SoupGFX. Probably just not enough demand for some of the light mfr's to make them.

One off or custom is probably the only way to go.

Attaching a bracket to the roof rack mount screws is probably the best way to go.

Looking for some pics when you get it done @3D FJ.

@3D FJ I was looking at my rack on top. It seems like you would have to make a pretty long bracket setup for the lights to sit right over the windshield. Other than that I'm not really seeing any other easy attachment area without having to drill holes.

@3D FJ I was looking at my rack on top. It seems like you would have to make a pretty long bracket setup for the lights to sit right over the windshield. Other than that I'm not really seeing any other easy attachment area without having to drill holes.

Started to make the bracket this weekend. I need to get some washers, cut a little more, and then i'll have something to show.Hopefully just a few more days.

@3D FJ Dope. I'm interested in seeing what you came up with.

Group buy?

I would be interested as well, especially if you can keep it as low profile as possible. I have bad clearance issues in my garage

Definitely interested!

Started to make the bracket this weekend. I need to get some washers, cut a little more, and then i'll have something to show.Hopefully just a few more days.
I'm interested, group buy :clap:

@3D FJ
Have you made any more progress?

Ya, anything???

I have my mounts cut out, i have to weld them to the base. Thing about a group buy.... I'm doing this all by hand without a plasma cutter, without a brake, just my welder and angle grinder. I think if i had at least a plasma or even better, a water jet, I'd consider making a few for people.

I JUST realized... You guys have stock roof racks... I have a bajarack. The idea is still the same though. I'm using the forward most roof rack bolt holes to anchor the feet of the light bar mount. With the stock roof rack, it is possible to do the same, but sandwich the light bar mount feet between the rubber and the roof rack feet and then bolt it together again.

I have my mounts cut out, i have to weld them to the base. Thing about a group buy.... I'm doing this all by hand without a plasma cutter, without a brake, just my welder and angle grinder. I think if i had at least a plasma or even better, a water jet, I'd consider making a few for people.

I JUST realized... You guys have stock roof racks... I have a bajarack. The idea is still the same though. I'm using the forward most roof rack bolt holes to anchor the feet of the light bar mount. With the stock roof rack, it is possible to do the same, but sandwich the light bar mount feet between the rubber and the roof rack feet and then bolt it together again.

The stock roof rack front crossbar sits pretty far back for any meaningful light to project fwd fro there. Your idea is great but a full Safari rack is needed for sure if a LED lightbar is to be used. Perhaps pencil beam type lights will work from that far back (its way back behind the sunroof!).

The stock roof rack front crossbar sits pretty far back for any meaningful light to project fwd fro there. Your idea is great but a full Safari rack is needed for sure if a LED lightbar is to be used. Perhaps pencil beam type lights will work from that far back (its way back behind the sunroof!).

I don't see any mention of the crossbars. He said the rack mounting feet which are up front.

I don't see any mention of the crossbars. He said the rack mounting feet which are up front.
You are right, this threw me off:
I'm using the forward most roof rack bolt holes to anchor the feet of the light bar mount. With the stock roof rack, it is possible to do the same, but sandwich the light bar mount feet between the rubber and the roof rack feet and then bolt it together again.

But it makes sense now:cheers:

Did we hit a dead end? People busy with holidays coming up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom