Custom Trailer for Spressomon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
Got started on this a couple weeks back.. Not much progress, but its going.. I want to use this for many things. Camping, hauling boxes and crates to the shipping depot, trash clean-up...

UUT- Universal Use Trailer

Frame 3" x 2" x .188"
Cargo area 1 1/4" x .120"
Sheetmetal 16 gauge
Axle- spindle and hub kit 3500# (tube is 2" A106 seamless)
Springs FJ60 front light springs
Spring mounts are FJ60 and ones I threw togther
Removeable pintle eye
Removeable top and tailgate.
37" tires and wheels to match my 60.
Monstaliner the interior and exterior red and black.
Rear receiver

I'm sure other things will come into the picture..

J

P1050670.JPG
P1050672.JPG
P1050817.JPG
P1050933.JPG

Last edited:
I know you've done more since Saturday :flipoff2:

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Had a few spare minutes this afternoon after finishing a customers bumper so onto the trailer..

Welded out 98% of the frame and got the 2 5/16 tube run through the first two crossmembers. I will get the axle welded up and get the spring hangers on in the next week or so.. May have to get some cheap used tires mounted to get this out of my shop when the 40 extended truck project goes onto full throttle...

Here are a few pics.. nothing much...

J

P1060262.JPG
P1060265.JPG
P1060266.JPG
P1060267.JPG
P1060270.JPG

Well we were suppose to be on the road to VEGAS this morning for anniversary, but the wife's job called needing some data.... I spent the morning building a few gutter mounts for a customer and then getting the axle built and fabbed up a set of axle perches and u-bolt plate.

Welded out the spring hangers too.

Next up... flip it over, finish 4 welds and start on the sides and tailgate.

J

P1060278.JPG
P1060293.JPG
P1060292.JPG
P1060282.JPG
P1060291.JPG

Thanks Corbet, means a lot to me coming form you... Have you gotten a new puppy yet?J

Funny you should ask. I committed to a new pup last night. It's Porter's nephew and two weeks old right now. We are looking forward to the new family member. House has not been the same since we lost Porter.

Funny you should ask. I committed to a new pup last night. It's Porter's nephew and two weeks old right now. We are looking forward to the new family member. House has not been the same since we lost Porter.

Very cool... Need pics ASAP!

Yes, I understand.... we had the two... Jack and Charlie... Jack was our 10yr old woolie... and Charlie our 5 year old goldie.

Jack (passed)

teton-jacj-jpg.868813

happy-jack-jpg.868805

fishing-jack-jpg.868810

Charlie

anniversary-2011-zion-024-jpg.588285

We are looking for another woolie now.. Charlie needs a friend besides me and Andrea... HA!

J

gorgeous welds and very nice build.
Curious, what do you plan to do for pintle or lunette swiveling?

gorgeous welds and very nice build.
Curious, what do you plan to do for pintle or lunette swiveling?

Right now nothing. For the use of this trailer, I don't think I will need any swivel. An occasional offroad scenario might be in its future, but don't plan on crawling etc.. with it. If I find that I want to try or need the swivel I will more than likely go with a swivel pintle.

J

the swivel pintles are both expensive and not that easy to install, I think. Probably easier for a good welder like you to rig something up on the tongue. I got myself a lunette eye with threaded shaft to do that one of these days. For $50 for the lunette, a bit of steel and a few minutes of welding, it should be easy to do, especially with a 2" ID 1/4" WT tongue tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom