Target carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think you should ditch the air filter box under the hood and make a snorkel with a filter on top...then post step by step instructions here so i can repeat it :D

JMack, any chance you could shoot me the files for your engine mounts and cross member? I'm going to see in my guy can use them. Do you have an nv4500 behind your cummins?
I'm out of town, I'll get ahold of you when I get back

I think you should ditch the air filter box under the hood and make a snorkel with a filter on top...then post step by step instructions here so i can repeat it :D

The filter on top of a snorkel is a pre-cleaner and you will still need an air filter and the one I designed would work well for use with a snorkel.

Contact me and I could have my guy make you the mounts and ship them or I could send you the files.

The filter on top of a snorkel is a pre-cleaner and you will still need an air filter and the one I designed would work well for use with a snorkel.

Contact me and I could have my guy make you the mounts and ship them or I could send you the files.

Yeah, but I still need you to design me an aluminum snorkel with a discrete but sturdy way of attaching it and keeping it still :D

JMack,

I tried several different hoses on my undercoat gun. None really worked good. I couldn't get it through the tubing, should of tried the copper. I was using an Eastwood product, thick.

Thanks for posting.

JMack,

I tried several different hoses on my undercoat gun. None really worked good. I couldn't get it through the tubing, should of tried the copper. I was using an Eastwood product, thick.

Thanks for posting.
Ron,

With this setup you can pressurize the fluid to help push the thick stuff up to the gun.

I'm running 50 PSI of fluid pressure right now with the heavy primer.

Yeah, but I still need you to design me an aluminum snorkel with a discrete but sturdy way of attaching it and keeping it still :D

Anything is possible with enough time and money, we could park your Pig on the moon if you’re willing to write the check.;)

All kidding aside if you want any files for something I’ve made I will be happy to send them to you or I could have my guy make the parts for you.

Anything is possible with enough time and money, we could park your Pig on the moon if you’re willing to write the check.;)

All kidding aside if you want any files for something I’ve made I will be happy to send them to you or I could have my guy make the parts for you.

As tempting as a parking spot on the moon sounds, I'm afraid the commute would be prohibitive. As for the offer, it is greatly appreciated, and given the similarities between our builds, I suspect I'll end up taking you up on it several times before all is said and done. In fact, I'm still interested in the files for your engine mount and cross member when you have a chance.

In fact, I'm still interested in the files for your engine mount and cross member when you have a chance.

MUD wont let me attach a DWG file so give me an E-mail address and I'll send them to you.

After three days I finally managed to weld all the unneeded holes in the firewall, I’m glad this is behind me now.

Nice, how you frenched the connection box. I'm enjoying this!
Thank you Ron.

I had to set the connection block back to clear the air box, if it works as planed the connector and all the wires will be hidden.

Wow Jmack, you are keeping this classy looking. recessed bulk head is SWEET! Love the quality of work your putting into this.

Very nice.

After three days I finally managed to weld all the unneeded holes in the firewall, I’m glad this is behind me now.

Wish I could 3 days in a row on my Piggy! Instead it is usually an afternoon on the weekend after all the other family stuff is done...

JMack,

Could you describe how the wiring will lay, going into the box. All wires will have a pin, right?, but will the wire bundle come straight out or do you have some way of doing a 90 degree? In other terms, how much room do you need for all the wiring going in?

Hope all of that makes some sense.

If it works in reality like it does in my mind the wires should bend when they come out of the electrical connection. I have about an inch and a half to make the radius between the bulkhead and the back of the airbox

Going on past practice, it will fit fine. I wasn't sure how much room you needed for making the bend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom