Just bought my first Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new around here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kevin and I just bought a 2014 Land Cruiser. This is my first Cruiser and I'm excited to be part of the community. I almost bought one three years ago and talked myself out of it, but this time I just couldn't resist.

I look forward to learning about my rig.

Tuesday I'm going to the dealer to have some of the warning chimes disabled. The tailgate is the most annoying so I'm hopeful they can disable that one along with the seatbelt chimes. Any other items I should have them customize while my truck is hooked to the computer?

So far I'm on cloud 9 with this rig. The only small gripes I have so far are the engine gets a little coarse around 2000 rpm creating a little vibration I can feel in the wheel, the vented seat vibrates when put on full power and the lack of storage pockets. I'm hopeful the engine will smooth out with time and I will figure out a new way to store my crap. My old F250 spoiled me with numerous door pockets and great under seat storage in the back.

Good to hear someone else has the steering wheel vibration that I feel sometimes. It's definitely only when passing through a certain rpm range, and very subtle. But it's there...

Congrats on the new truck.

For the tailgate you are hitting the lock button and open at the same time. Look at the button. The one with the little nub on the right is the lock portion. Don't hit that when you open the hatch.

Thank you for the information. That solved one issue. Any idea how to stop the open door chime after I stop the truck and then open a door? I was sitting in the Cruiser with the door open today and the chime was driving me crazy.

Buckle your seatbelt

I'm just messing with you

Good point. I'm actually very adamant about using my seatbelt except if I'm on ranch roads or the like we're I need to get out to open gates.

When I had my 08 Tundra, I got the seatbelt extenders from the dealership (free back then upon request). I got the shortest one possible and when I didn't want to wear my seatbelt for situations like you describe, I would plug it in. No more ding ding ding.

When I had my 08 Tundra, I got the seatbelt extenders from the dealership (free back then upon request). I got the shortest one possible and when I didn't want to wear my seatbelt for situations like you describe, I would plug it in. No more ding ding ding.

I got the service department to turn the dinging off. It was a simple setting they could defeat using their software.

Here is a picture of the new ride.

Tuesday I'm going to the dealer ... The only small gripes I have so far are the engine gets a little coarse around 2000 rpm creating a little vibration I can feel in the wheel

What did your dealer say about about the engine vibration you're feeling in the wheel?

What did your dealer say about about the engine vibration you're feeling in the wheel?

I have not taken it in yet. I am waiting until I hit the 5000 mile service before I go to the dealer. I figured this approach would give the LC adequate time to break in and save me an extra trip.

I will say that the issue seems to be less noticeable now than when I first bought the truck. This may be due to me getting use to the feeling and/or adjusting my driving style to avoid the 2000rpm mark as much as possible. However, there are times the buzz still feels pretty bad. Mostly this occurs in third, forth and fifth gear when the tach is held right at 2000 rpm.

I got the service department to turn the dinging off. It was a simple setting they could defeat using their software.

Here is a picture of the new ride.

Nice LC! :D Was thinking of that silver color or dark grey (Magnetic gray), we have silver Accord, so I'm leaning more toward the magnetic gray (at the expense of showing more of the dirt/grime).

Are you able to share what you ended paying for it? On the hunt for one now..

Mine was a 2013 with something like 4 miles on it. I paid 70,500 in Salt Lake City UT. I was going to buy one in Colorado for $69,000 but figured it was going to cost me $1,500 in air fair, hotel, gas and food. Not to mention time off of work. So I just went into a dealership and said will you match 69,000 plus 1,500 it will cost me to go get it? If so I will buy it today. They matched it and we were done in 2 hours out the door. I did have to go to 4 dealerships though lol.

BTW. I did end up talking to the Colorado dealership and they did tell me they sold it for 69,000 what it was listed for. 4 days later

The other thing is I didn't want to do was to "break in" My new vehicle at a steady Highway cruise. It is better to do a mix of driving when breaking it in IMO

Look on auto trader and find the cheapest one in the nation! Maybe your local dealer will do the same and match the price :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom