Electrical Issue - Turn signal comes on when braking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a '92 LJ70 with the 2LT engine. It's a LHD drive model.

No electrical work was done on the truck for the past 6 months and all was working fine other than to remove some corrosion on the negative battery terminal.

The truck was working fine (as it has also been for the past year) in the morning... did nothing out of the ordinary than drive to get groceries and come home. Later in the day when I went to use it, I notice that the left turn signal would come on whenever I'd depress the brake pedal.

The left turn signal would come on (and stay on) in tandem with the brake lights when I pressed the brake pedal..and then go off in tandem with brake lights when I released the brake pedal.

When the brakes are applied and the left turn signal comes on, I hear a relay click somewhere by the glove box. I'm guessing that's the turn signal relay?

I don't have an electrical diagram of how all of this is wired, so any help to troubleshoot this would be appreciated.

Trinidad.

I would switch out the bulb first.

EDIT Did you mean it illuminates but doesn't blink? Dual filament bulb?

of course, it could be blinker fluid

If I wasn't initially clear with my description... the turn signal illuminates but doesn't blink and no, the turn signal bulbs aren't dual filament bulbs.
The blinker fluid is good with top quality "Che Ster" fluid.

Latahs.

Is your truck wired for a trailer? I had a similar problem when the five wire to trailer four wire little black box shorted out.

Is your truck wired for a trailer? I had a similar problem when the five wire to trailer four wire little black box shorted out.

Yup, it is wired for a trailer. Currently sorting through that mess...

Issue resolved. It was the module for the trailer lights that caused the issue. Removed it and all is functioning well.
Thanks for the suggestion, Urbancarrot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom