The Coleman Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So that 236, is about the baddest of great Coleman lanterns. EVERYTHING was done right with that. Heavy brass burner, heavy brass fount, brass burner support, excellent and robust valve assembly. These are the best it ever got. The modern 639 kerosene lantern is a nearly direct descendant, with a detour into a cheaper burner assembly. Still good though, if you want a new one.

It is interesting, to me, anyway, that Coleman Canada at their peak(1960's), made the best Coleman products made. But they developed the o-ring valve(1970's), which was the beginning of the end. Not sure when the Toronto factory closed, but it was done by 1989.

@rusty_tlc , jealous you got that oven! With some practice, I'm sure you'll be making from-scratch sticky buns in no time.

20140924_213925_1.jpg

OK Johnny, our next camping trip I'll bring mine!

Yeah, not much insulation on these guys! Just a big metal box to try and capture some heat! Parents grabbed this one for me, I was just stoked it had the box and instructions still with it. Wife hates it when I go to the flea market, cause I want to pick up every old Coleman stove and lantern I see.

Picked this little guy up today.
Looks almost complete and it has been running recently.

Made in Canada 12 / 35
No other markings at all!

The globe has "Made in England" stamped on it.

After some research, I'm going to believe it's a 242K (kerosene)
I tad rare (so I've been told)

I picked this up off craigs for twenty. Little more than I wanted to spend, but it fired right up and shined up nicely. I don't think it was used much, but the last user must have fried an entire pack of bacon and left it. Inside was covered in grease and sawdust.

Cleaned it up and waxed it. :)

Also found this cooler, but they wouldn't sell it.

photo.JPG

clean.JPG

cooler.JPG

Last edited:
Late 426B. Very good stove. Likely 1959 or so. $20 seems like a good price for that.

Waxed it! Did you bring out the buffer too? I guess i will wax my 3 burner too.LOL

Ha! No. Degreaser was a bit harsh and there were spots inside where the tank rubbed through the paint. Wax keeps rust demon away

...via IH8MUD app

kinda cheaply made, but it's cheap enough :)

Andy lighting it up on our DV trip last week. And big kudos to the Coleman aficionado that recognizes the unique (at least to me) Coleman gear in the camp/2nd photo!

DV2014-colemanandy1.jpg
DV2014colemanoddity.jpg

Andy lighting it up on our DV trip last week. And big kudos to the Coleman aficionado that recognizes the unique (at least to me) Coleman gear in the camp/2nd photo!

View attachment 960470

Looks like fun!

Unless that is a Coleman pooch, you must be referring to the 200/220 Frankenlantern.

As Sir Mix-A-Lot would say, it's got an "LA face with an Oakland Booty".

"close, but no cigar" Cam :)

I'll give it until Monday/workweek...when most are posting on MUD :D...before starting in with clues :D

Upping the ante: I'll have a pound of Redbird coffee beans delivered to the winner's door (sorry...USA only and Cruiserdrew is exempt :flipoff2:)

^^^ it's a bingo and we have a winner! Yes the red 'eye friendly' globe. Andy knows, other than when in bright light task intensive mode, I'm a darkness lover :D. It was soooo nice we had a mostly new moon phase this trip!

PM me which Redbird/Adventure Roaster flavor & ship to address Cam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom