John Deere HIR bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great thread thanks!

I've been modifying H9 bulbs to fit the H11 low beam sockets on my wife's Pilot for a while now and even though the light output from the low beam bulbs on the FJ80 is not as abysmal as the Pilot's stock bulbs, I guess I'm spoiled by the extra brightness (at a cheap price, even considering the shorter life) of the H9 on the Pilot.

My local JD dealer can order them (appreciate that part #, Firetuck41), but at $29.99, I'm wondering if these from AMZ are the same deal. They don't say HIR in the description, so I think I'm out of luck, but if anyone knows for sure that'd be good to know.

If not, the ones from the Candlepower site look to be the real thing, and the package deals aren't bad. Will put that on the wish list for whenever my first standard bulb goes out. Thanks again!

So I had JD HIRs on my 96 for two years. Never really noticed a difference until I bought my 97 (I had the HIRs on the 96 since the day after I bought it). Well I swapped them over and had both sets on. The HIRs are in the 97 now on the left and regular bulbs are on the right. Huge difference.

image-3329340734.jpg

Fat-fingered on my iPhone using IH8MUD

image-3329340734.jpg

wanting to get a set of these, as I just got the Slee harness's [repowdercoating the ARB, and modded for the DRL 8 led's]

so.....the candle power site says they no longer have the coatings, and the bulb shape is now same as regular halogen, are they still considered HIR's ? I cant really tell from the description if they are higher lumens or not ?

check into the phillips 9012 and 9011 bulbs. They are the current generation. You can get them at amazon for 42.00 a pair. I just put em in the low beams in the car my daughter is driving. I only did the low beams (hers were original 9006 from 1998 and were dang near out. low beams are almost as bright as high beam 9005s, and she hasnt been flashed by oncoming traffic.

^^yea,i see those, and same question, are they the same or just a halogen now? From what i can tell the gen3 has a regular bulb shape and no coatings but still has the higher lumens output, which is the whole purpose i guess.
Candlepower is close on price and they got a bundle if you want a set of 9011 for the high beams too !

yeah, the difference is they are able to get more light out of the same wattage with less heat due to a more effective filament. there is no coating and these appear to be quite a bit brighter than the tosbiba (john deere) fat bulbs in my lx450. I'll put a set of these in for low beams in my lx soon. My toshiba 9011s are still blasting. so they are staying put.

thanks stevezero, ima gonna get a set of these for lows and some 9011's too.....got to keep up with the jones' ya know........

Home Depot actually has the best price right now. Seriously, search 9011 or 9012 bulb on there website.

thanks looks like 79.96 shipped to my door [free ship over 45$]

Great thread thanks!

I've been modifying H9 bulbs to fit the H11 low beam sockets on my wife's Pilot for a while now and even though the light output from the low beam bulbs on the FJ80 is not as abysmal as the Pilot's stock bulbs, I guess I'm spoiled by the extra brightness (at a cheap price, even considering the shorter life) of the H9 on the Pilot.

My local JD dealer can order them (appreciate that part #, Firetuck41), but at $29.99, I'm wondering if these from AMZ are the same deal. They don't say HIR in the description, so I think I'm out of luck, but if anyone knows for sure that'd be good to know.

If not, the ones from the Candlepower site look to be the real thing, and the package deals aren't bad. Will put that on the wish list for whenever my first standard bulb goes out. Thanks again!

Candlepower bulbs are always quality, and Daniel Stern has been very helpful to me on other cars, but I got my Philips HIR bulbs cheaper from Amazon. Candlepower has since reduced prices to be more in line with those.

The 9011's , and others, perfect, drop in fit?

Still love my 9011's trimmed to fit the low beams. They dont last as long in your low beams though, but the difference is worth it to me. Long term, maybe more cost effective to do some sort of HID full swap, but this is so easy I just keep replacing them when the finally burn out. The last time I didn't have a new set to put in so I picked up a cheapo set of standard 9006's at The W just to get by and holy crap do they suck. Just my $.02.

Search Ebay:

PHILIPS 9012LL/HIR2 X 2 BULBS C1 12V 55W PX22D STOCK COLOR COMPATIBLE HEAD LIGHT

$52 a set shipped
400 sets sold!
Nice Christmas Present for a Cruiser Head

Read somewhere that the new Phillips bulbs should not be used if the headlight does not have a built in shield. Do they produce glare? What is the color temp compared to OEM bulbs?

I haven't bought a set of the new style yet. Would be nice to know as I'm due for a new pair.

Read somewhere that the new Phillips bulbs should not be used if the headlight does not have a built in shield. Do they produce glare? What is the color temp compared to OEM bulbs?

I agree. I think that's part of the reason these are so bright. Its basically driving around with high beams all the time.

Those superbright blue-white glaring/blinding headlights coming toward me on a rainy evening are not cool, more importantly they're not safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom