Howdy from a psyched n00b! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice... congrats! Saw that for sale locally and it was priced well.

Saw the rear hatch rust - how is the underside? Love the cloth.

Underside is excellent. Some surface rust here and there but overall its great. The interior is great too, drivers seat missing a bolt in the righthand hinge is the only issue along with one very subtle crack in the dash. Talking to the owner it sounds like that truck spent it's whole life up until now driving around on NoVA pavement, I promised him I would change that.

Nice, great color too! Welcome - Since the wiring to the front locker was cut have you tried the rear to see if it works? They tend to get stuck after a long time if not used or activated every once in a while.
I'm taking it out to our farm property today to op-check the rear locker and get some dirt on the truck, fingers crossed.

Took the LC out to our farm property yesterday to get a little dirt on it. Rear locker worked like a champ. Time to start diverting large portions of the paycheck into that thing!

photo 3.JPG.jpeg

Warning...Cruiser ownership has been proven to be an aggressive weight loss program, but it only affects your ass..the side your wallet is on :flipoff2:

Here we go! I get the feeling this isn't the last time one of these boxes shows up at my house. Planning on freshening up belts and hoses this weekend.

Nice rig, welcome to the addiction, and you just so happen to have the best color Land Cruiser available:cheers:

Just test drove after finishing up by birf rebuild. It doesn't seem right to make sharp turns without clicking...
Been busy putting a fair bit of time into this thing, lots of PM, lift, tires, bumper and now I'm super happy to have the knuckles done. Sliders and rear bumper are next and it's probably wishful thinking to hope that the rate that $$$ are flying out of my bank account will slow down but...I don't care! :flipoff2:
truck.jpg

Just test drove after finishing up by birf rebuild. It doesn't seem right to make sharp turns without clicking...
Been busy putting a fair bit of time into this thing, lots of PM, lift, tires, bumper and now I'm super happy to have the knuckles done. Sliders and rear bumper are next and it's probably wishful thinking to hope that the rate that $$$ are flying out of my bank account will slow down but...I don't care! :flipoff2:View attachment 957054

Looking good :)

Just picked up my first cruiser yesterday and am super psyched! I've found this site invaluable during the hunt for a truck and wanted to give a nod and big thanks to Mud member IPTMan who helped me dodge a couple bullets while I was truck shopping. I found a 93 FZJ80 with factory lockers that went up on Craigslist yesterday at 1am and had a feeling it was the one so 15 hours after texting the owner and a 480 mile round trip (240 of it in the 80) I parked it outside my house last night. Driving a 21 year old truck 240 miles down the freeway at night with a dead iPhone battery was a good bonding experience between myself and the rig. It made it solid as a rock and I am PSYCHED to start building it up. So anyway, howdy folks!

How many times have you gone out and just stared at it already?

How many times have you gone out and just stared at it already?

The real question is how many of your neighbors have gone out and stared at it!

I'm not gonna lie, after I got the lift and tires on I sat out there one night and drank a beer and stared at it for a while.

Beware!! Your addiction just started, it will get worse!!:D

Oh yeah, I'm like 6 weeks in at this point and acknowledge the severity of the problem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom