Long Range Tank For 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i have a 38 gallon gas tank, i love not going to the gas station every 2 days!

There are a couple of options for the auxilliary fuel tank next to the driveshaft. The Long Ranger 70 liter (18.5Gal) aux. tank.

I was lucky enough to find a used tank from a MUD member. Now all I need is the 38 gallon replacement tank and I am good to go for an extended non-stop drive. 50 gallons @ 20mpg (or so, hopefully) with the 12HT swap. I am looking at about thousand mile range, how does that sound like for the Bolivian salt plains Josh?

I have a version of that type tank, and they work great. You keep your spare in the stock location and you gain 18 gallons of fuel.

I modified my stock fuel fill pipe neck by making a second pipe, welded it to the neck side to allow filling both tanks from the stock fill. Made hoses to the saddle tank and done.

I imported two of the tanks from Aus a few years and sold the other one after buddy sold his 60 while in transit.

Good way to carry more fuel IMHO.

Doug
Here a couple of pictures.
IMG_4116.jpg
IMG_4117.jpg
IMG_4122.jpg

I say take it to a tank guy n have them tell yah / or weld four tabs on your tank.
I would not use straps on a tank that big n with sharp corners like the MANAFRE tank has...
I got a 46 gal tank build for half of what maf wants... and it actually fitted the first time I installed it...

Guys, I did the math... $635 for the MAF long range fuel tank. BUT, I have to move the spare - to a rear carrier (Option1) or the roof rack (option 2) I presume.

Kaymar rear carrier is $400, plus $650 for the bumper with the pivots.

Total for option 1 = $1685... :'(

Option 2 means get a roof rack which $537 (Square Tube Tradesman for a 60), plus the spare tire mount (maybe $75?) plus a cover ($37.00) so the tire doesn't fry in the sun.

Total for option 2 = $1284... ???

My answer -- For about $ 2500 bucks, I having a custom off road trailer built with 4 Blitz cans (which will carry the same 20 gallons of extra fuel, 40 gallon stainless water tank, an extra spare, and other goodies (shower, lights, ect.). Plus, I can carry a half ton of other gear... or more gas if needed. A more cost effiicient shoice, IMHO... ::)

Mike S

My $.02--

You'll want to move the spare eventually anyway for the clearance and so you quit ripping the sidewalls out on every other rock.

You'll want a roof rack eventually anyway. And you can build a workable one for about $200 in gutter clamps, angle iron and plywood.

You'll want a h/d bumper eventually anyway.
Check out the 4+ I've got one and like it a lot. I think that Kaymar comes just with the pivots for $650 not anything on 'em. As I recall, set up the Kaymar was around $2500 with can and tire mounts.

You could always just get the 4+ bumper w/can rack which is 10 gallons of fuel and gets your spare out of harm's way. Plus (pun intended) there's hi-lift mount on the can rack, a trailer hitch and recovery points.

Oh and if you tune everything up nice then get a vacuum gauge and drive by it, the savings would maybe be enough that the 10 gallons on the bumper rack would be adequate unto your needs.

I'm getting +/- 240 miles out of a tank right now and still have some carb issues. 10 gallons is gonna be good for at least another 100-160 miles so you're looking at 340-400 or so miles between gas stops. Seems reasonable if you're in the States.

So, $1600 for the bumper and you get all sorts of wonderfulness plus you don't have that stupid trailer banging along upside down behind you, getting caught on stuff.

But then, we always want to think that the way we did it is best, eh? I could be horribly confused.
3_12 Rt Rear.jpg

you know...... you could make that a 3 can basket....

n mount a spout carrier under that basket made out of abs pipe..
attachment.php

Last edited:
you know...... you could make that a 3 can basket....

n mount a spout carrier under that basket made out of abs pipe..

Actually I have one of the old tray-type carriers I was thinking about bolting on the left side of the exisiting, should I need to carry ten gallons of gas and five of water or fifteen gallons of gas. I like the spout Idea. Might build me a carrier thingie. The Hi-lift will go in the right if it doesn't block the tailight.

MAF tank not fitting on the first try?!?! Never seen that happen! ....Jesus what a fracking ordeal that was....

MAF tank not fitting on the first try?!?! Never seen that happen! ....Jesus what a fracking ordeal that was....

Well, obviously MAF doesn't give a s*** because the fitment issues have been going on for years, I bought my 4 years ago, and nothing, it seems, has changed.

I found a beside the tail shaft tank for my 60 which holds about 120ltrs, very happy with my eBay buy, and with a 6 way pollack fuel change over valve it works a treat.

I know this post is old, but I'm now looking for the long range tank and As far as I know MAF no longer sells it.
Anyone else in the US make one?
I live in SOCAL.

I know this post is old, but I'm now looking for the long range tank and As far as I know MAF no longer sells it.
Anyone else in the US make one?
I live in SOCAL.

Are you sure? Bought one in April this year (2014).

Basically half for the tank, half for shipping. Mind, that is air freight from Australia to my door. And
the tank is a complete bolt in system, all little parts included. Just a bummer Australia is half
way around the world!

Man-a-fre can have them built but the minimum order is five. When he was offering them five would last him a year and a half.
I was under the impression Outback Proven closed their doors a couple weeks ago so USA lost the only importer ( as far as I know ) of Kaymar, Long Range,
Maxtrax and Lightforce. Kaymar pulled for lack of sales and as of now have no intent of coming back .
If you could round up five buyers Al ( Man-A-Fre ) would order a batch.

Man-a-fre can have them built but the minimum order is five. When he was offering them five would last him a year and a half.
I was under the impression Outback Proven closed their doors a couple weeks ago so USA lost the only importer ( as far as I know ) of Kaymar, Long Range,
Maxtrax and Lightforce. Kaymar pulled for lack of sales and as of now have no intent of coming back .
If you could round up five buyers Al ( Man-A-Fre ) would order a batch.

what is their price now? Can't find a spot for one on their web site

Well, I think we need to,start a thread to see who out there in the mud community is serious in putting their money where their mouth is on this buy. Let's get the word out there. Someone who has more clout with the members may want to start it purchase thread.
You can count me in for one. So we need 4 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom