Post up what you pedal (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Inbred........ that's an OnOne, right? Nice stuff. Should make a fine bike for your intentions.

My wife tried her first Monstercross the other week. I'm not much of a racer any longer. More of a volunteer and beer drinker/rider. The Senior Masters class has gotten so large, I only enter races my wife may be in if I haven't ridden the course before. That's what I'm regulated to now!

Look up the builder who did the road bike, Zukas Cycles. He does amazing work. Makes some pretty nice cross and mountain bikes too.

Yup, the Inbred is their Steel Hardtail. Love the bike and kinda want to keep it a mtn bike but at the same point I need a commuter as well. Who knows it is constantly morphing. Will always be my favorite bike and one that will only ever be relegate to a wall ornament and never be sold.

Have you fooled with the Pikes tokens????

Yep. I've played with every adjustment there is. Stiffness is great. Dampening - not impressed. I just got the 150mm air shaft, so I'm going to go up from 130 - 150mm travel and see how I like it. Probably set up with more than usual sag for a 150 and I'm hoping that will add some small bump compliance being softer initially. I'm going to try to get out this weekend.

FWIW, I suspect Specialized has a special version of the Pike just for their bikes, and they cheaped out on the damper circuit. I need to go ride a normal stock Pike to compare. My first concern right now is finding a good replacement rear shock to get rid of the brain.

What model Specialized? It's my understanding that you're correct, the Pike that comes stock is a little lesser but also comes in at 130mm as you've indicated.

Check out the Cane Creek Inline for a rear shock, I've been pleased with it so far on a Ripley I'm considering buying.

It's a 2015 Stumpjumper FSR Elite 29. I just bought a 150mm air shaft and swapped it in to the Pike. While installing I had the whole thing pulled apart. I'm convinced that there's basically no dampening at all in a Pike, or mine isn't working right. I can feel almost no resistance in depressing the damper shaft by hand. I shot a video with my phone and even on full lockout setting I can depress the damper with one finger with minimal resistance. I took it back immediately after buying to the shop and said "something's wrong". Shop said "that's how the Pike is supposed to feel". I tried another '15 pike and it was pretty similar (also a specialized). I haven't ridden another pike, but compared to the Revelation RTC I had on my '12 Stumpy FSR 29 that was stolen, the Pike dampening sucks. Over a long day on the trail, the revelation was brilliant. The Pike wears me out because it's just an air spring with rebound dampening.

I'm thinking I'll email the video of the damper to RS and ask if that's how it should work.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1415081652.582702.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1415081844.529658.jpg

Hello all! This is my 2 wheeled sickness.

I was lucky to get the Air 9 frame, pre-owned, of course. I picked up the Mojo HD that way. I am sick/lucky enough to also have a SS, DH, and a freeride bike (but it is in pieces).

I hear ya. No shame in getting neused stuff gently pre-loved. Some things I like or would like to have, it's the only way I can justify it.

I bought my wife the first dual-sus she's had in a while about 3 weeks ago, a Santa Cruz 5010, and she's starting to love it. Her first thought was "damn, it's heavy." But she soon found out she is putting down the same times as she does with her 9'r.

I'm ready for another dual too.

What kind of downhill bike do you run?

Here is a race we're putting on week after next. Susan Haywood is coming down from WVA to compete.
cranksgiving.jpg

I have an Intense Socom, but I don't get to use it much. I'm looking to put a used 40 on it.

You are a lucky man. My guy riding buddies always wish their gfs or wives ride. My man doesn't ride dirt, but he supports my sickness as shuttle driver, sometimes.

I can't believe you have races this late. I thought it was just a SoCal/Vegas thing.

Icycle2012-Awesome.gif
You're right, I am lucky. She basically lives to ride and can kick my ass...... she gets to ride several times a week where I am on the bike twice a week on a good week. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

We call it our medicine,

Our race, Cranksgiving, is one of the last of the season, giving way to Cross races. Then the first mountain bike race of the year is in January, called Icycle. It's a bunch of drunks then a race breaks out. Cross country and a night time downhill race.

LOL... my BIL and I just got done riding the Epic Divide trail in Steamboat Springs, CO and he was on his old Sugar 4 just like that. Of course he detonated his chain about 2 miles from the summit (so 18miles in) and had to coast the rest of the ride.

Just need anything above sea level...please, for the love of God. . .somebody kidnap me =)

These are the two bikes I ride he most. Purefix for commuting and a Scott Spark for anything not paved.
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom