ebay auction, watch your step (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That thing is nasty.

Looks like a bundera to me so has Hilux running gear

It would be interesting to see a really good 70 Series (low mileage, NO rust, excellent interior/exterior and accessories) for sale either here or Ebay to see what kind of price it would command.

Ahem .... Charles are you teasing us again with the idea of putting one from your stable up? ;)

:lol:
I wasn't necessarily referring to my Cruisers. :)
Virtually EVERY 70 Series that I have seen on Ebay has had some issues so it is difficult to get a feel for what a GOOD one would sell for. Cruiserdan's truck would be a good example of what I would like to see. In my biased opinion, a really good BJ73/74 should command prices comparable to a good 40 Series.

But when I think of "clean 70 in the US", your two are in the top 5 along with Dan's ....

You gentlemen flatter me.....(stirs dust on ground with toe while looking down).

Land Cruisers Direct has their prices posted and they look like they are moving vehicles. They also disclose the warts ahead of time. I think the BJ74 that Kurt built up sold in the high $20G range.

I've seen a couple on there that were similar to what I started with that had numbers in the mid teens.

Found it.

This one is on his site in the sold category. The price shows $26,500.00
1988-3102-01[1].jpg

You gentlemen flatter me.....(stirs dust on ground with toe while looking down).

Land Cruisers Direct has their prices posted and they look like they are moving vehicles. They also disclose the warts ahead of time. I think the BJ74 that Kurt built up sold in the high $20G range.

I've seen a couple on there that were similar to what I started with that had numbers in the mid teens.
"You gentlemen flatter me" ..........
We are just sucking up to get free parts. :grinpimp:

X2,

We an always dream

I'm not sure the average buyer, especially the first time buyer, fully appreciates the cost of accessories on a Cruiser.
I have the receipts for the ARB compressor and air lockers as well as the OME suspension and it is painfully expensive.
Not the mention the ARB brush bar and driving lights. I'm not sure how much of these investments can be recouped when you sell your Cruiser but the accessories can turn a $18,000.00 Cruiser into a $25K+ vehicle in a hurry.

Full OME lift, ~$1,500.00
Tires, (5) ~$1,200.00
Wheels, ?
Winch, $800.00-$1,200.00
Rear bumper with swingouts, $2,000.00- $3,000.00
Front bumper, at least $1,000.00?
Labor?

Gotta be at least 10 grand. Then add in deferred maintainence and other things like rust repair, body work, paint, cosmetics and so on.

A decent paint job will be at least 5 grand.

That ends up being a 30,000 dollar truck.

Full OME lift, ~$1,500.00
Tires, (5) ~$1,200.00
Wheels, ?
Winch, $800.00-$1,200.00
Rear bumper with swingouts, $2,000.00- $3,000.00
Front bumper, at least $1,000.00?
Labor?

Gotta be at least 10 grand. Then add in deferred maintainence and other things like rust repair, body work, paint, cosmetics and so on.

A decent paint job will be at least 5 grand.

That ends up being a 30,000 dollar truck.

Spot on. I could look up the numbers on the Project LXXIV build but your probably within 10% of our budget. Figure you've played this game a time or two :D

It would be interesting to see a really good 70 Series (low mileage, NO rust, excellent interior/exterior and accessories) for sale either here or Ebay to see what kind of price it would command.

Hmmm
I might test those waters

What?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom