WTB early windshield vent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im looking for the vent under the windshield in the early cruisers. i need one that is bolted together not spot welded. thanks :beer:

Looks like this
image.jpg

I'll take a look at the window frames this weekend but I think they're all early ones. Need the crank assembly too?

Thank you so much. No I have all that stuff already

Still looking for one. Anyone have one? Would be willing to pay and trade my spot welded one for the bolt together one.

What is the difference between the two?

I have several of them. I will have to check and see if they are bolted or spot welded though.

Edit
I checked mine and found all 5 of them are the bolt together style. I also found the 5 windshield frames they go with.
I will keep looking for an extra one.

Last edited:
the one i need looks like this. bolts hold the two sides together. the other one has spot welds instead of bolts.
bolt together.jpg

The biggest difference is the later bolt together is easier to replace the rubber piece which adds as the hinge. Have ever figured out when Toyota update the style? 63 or 64?

I'm not sure when it changed mine is a 62

What is the difference between the two?

I have several of them. I will have to check and see if they are bolted or spot welded though.

Edit
I checked mine and found all 5 of them are the bolt together style. I also found the 5 windshield frames they go with.
I will keep looking for an extra one.

Cool thanks. And I could always give you mine so that all of your window frames still have a vent to go with them

I finally checked my stockpile, they're all welded.When I did mine, I spot welded it back together, but if you're feeling crafty it wouldn't be too hard to weld in some studs and washers and make a bolt together job. That's what I'll be doing with my next one. ;)

Thanks for checking. I think I will do that if I can't find one on here

Are you just looking for the flapper part or all of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom