What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

5 squirts of Molly (grease....my partying days are on hold until I start to go senile) in each of the driveline zirks. The "thunk" is diminished.

@Pork Soda What is this "Molly" you speak of? Also, could you please post pics of the locations where you sprayed it? I've been looking at doing this myself to solve the thunking noise. Not really in the market for new sway bar brackets, links, and bushings right now.

Ohhhh no I was thinking about the front sway bar 'thunk'. Just need to replace my links and bushings

Repaired heat shield rattle with 4 1/2 inch hose clamps, thanks to this thread. It worked like a charm-- silence!
For reference, photo shows where the shield failed, at the mounting point.

shield_IMG_5062.jpg

Put 1,100 miles on the Cruiser over the weekend driving from TX to MS and back, seeing some family. Smooth riding and loving the V8.

Put some 18s from a Tundra on my 2000 LC. I like the look and the slightly larger tires much more than the stock 16s. Also happy that my old center caps fit with no mods. What's everyone doing with their take off wheels and tires?

Put some 18s from a Tundra on my 2000 LC. I like the look and the slightly larger tires much more than the stock 16s. Also happy that my old center caps fit with no mods. What's everyone doing with their take off wheels and tires?

You could just give me your stock 16's.

Tyre rotation yesterday.
A 12V "rattle gun" makes it easier and quicker.

tomorrow it gets, full Slee skid plates, dual battery setup and diff breather hose extensions

Here she is! Pictures arent the greatest.. Its hard to take good pictures of tires. These tires are AGGRESSIVE! 285s Gen Grabber AT2
IMG.jpg
IMG_0521.jpg

Cut the Arb winch plate cover so both sides are protected.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414005178.348784.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414005198.348858.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414005212.863490.jpg

When off-roading the control side cover plate will be removed.

Replaced radiator heater hose T pipes, steering wheel tilt motor and steering wheel telescoping motor. Cut up my knuckles replacing the t pipes and blew 30 minutes searching for that damned mini circlip for the tilt motor after popping it off...

Adjusted front end up. I think I need to come down just a bit.

22 inches front
23 inches rear

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414189287.953769.jpg

Bought one to replace a 2011 Rubicon 4 door. Smartest move ever! Reminds me of my '96 80 series, but much more refined. (It smells the same though!)

imagejpg1_zpsaf84de2b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom