The official 1HDT Intercooler thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is the cooler I have on my 1hz made from cross country
image.jpg

I have been waiting for close to two months now for a cross country for my 1HD-FT, I hope its worth the wait compared to the HPD unit.

here is a question, does a intercooler lower EGT by lowering the intake temp, or is it because the cooler air is more dense, so its like adding more PSI to raise A/F ratio?

I have been waiting for close to two months now for a cross country for my 1HD-FT, I hope its worth the wait compared to the HPD unit.

here is a question, does a intercooler lower EGT by lowering the intake temp, or is it because the cooler air is more dense, so its like adding more PSI to raise A/F ratio?

It took me 4 months to get mine made. Happy I waited tho

This is the cooler I have on my 1hz made from cross country View attachment 954710

Nath, the cross country intercooler arrived today for my 1HD-FT, 280 x 300 x 75mm with a 10in 708cfm spal fan, and the larger size scoop similar to yours. Do you have a pic of how they cut and finished off the sound deadening under the bonnet?

I am going to have to take a couple of deep breaths before attacking a mint bonnet with a saw :)

Cheers
Stuart.

Getting into a bonnet with a grinder is scary as, use one of those nice 1mm blades and tape and paper mask everything off, even the glass. The Sparks will burn through paint and etch glass if you let it.
image.jpg

Tim, that looks like the scoop that came with my intercooler, I had thought of using a reciprocating saw to cut it, but yes ill be covering everything if I resort to the grinder :)

I marked the bonnet off then cut the hole. I don't have the sound deadening on mine but I'm thinking of getting that stick on dinamat stuff and useing that. You got yours quick mine took 4 months

2014-10-30 09.16.32.jpg
Started installing the intercooler today
2014-10-30 10.41.00.jpg

the boost fitting hit the throttle cable mount, cross country are sending me a 90deg fitting tho shortened it for now. Also had to shorten the studs.
2014-10-30 13.46.53.jpg

The fan seems to move quite a bit of air for its size, and I couldn't hear it from inside the car. The bonnet cut and scoop mount is tomorrows job :)

The small one looked like it fitted up neater, and was $600+ cheaper, the car has heaps of power even without an intercooler after Graeme fitted a badboy turbo, XXi airbox, and tuned the pump, this one will do me power wise or I will leave a trail of blown transmission and diff parts behind me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom