200 series picture thread (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I need to find something to replace it with.

Took a poser shot while doing field work yesterday.

IMGP1604_zpsb3a5625d.jpg

...just thinking how good this thing is gonna look with a bull bar and a 2.5" lift. :)

I love the green, but they're so hard to find. A neighbor down the street has a green one, but I could never find one.

Thanks. Yeah, it was very very hard to find a green one that:

1. Was a 1-owner
2. Hadn't been beaten to hell and back, ridden hard, and put away wet
3. Had the luxury package (surprisingly, 2 I looked at did not)
4. Had tan interior
5. Didn't have too many miles
6. Was from an area outside of the east coast / northeast area (salt/rust belt)
7. Had a clean CF history
8. And of course, was in my price range

The stars aligned for me.

sheesh, that's not good...

MS Cruiser, I like those wheels. Tundra 18s? Can we get a side shot?
Took a poser shot while doing field work yesterday.

IMGP1604_zpsb3a5625d.jpg

...just thinking how good this thing is gonna look with a bull bar and a 2.5" lift. :)

Viper bumpers are ****. Mine one got rusted in a 4-6 months.. They are pretty soft (as for TLC200) each hump will lead the bumper to strike a fender.
ouch...I was ready to pull the trigger on one this week. you mentioned rust, is your rig parked outside overnight or garage kept?
what kind of finish did you order it with?
thanks for the info but sorry to hear you're not happy with it. They just look so damn good

The bumper Viper is mounted to the frame. We know that the body on LC200s moves significantly in relation to frame when the rig flexes etc. Hence ARB and TJM have large (perhaps even a little unsightly) gaps left to accommodate this movement. I am unsurprised at the bar striking the fender/body. I have looked at the Viper and wondered how they resolve the problem. I have tried to ask the manufactures at least 3 times. I never get a response. The rust issue is incidental and probably easily resolvable. But basic bad design can't be be cured so easily.

I was wondering too, how they handled the flex.

Dude that's awesome. I'm working on a 62 as my fun rig. Problem I foresee is that by the time I'm finished I'll be even more reluctant to let the 62 rip on the trail as I am in trashing the bejasus out of my TTD 200 now. But the V8 TTD 200s make for a wicked tow vehicle.

Thanks to you and the guys at Lcool for helping me out with towing info. Towed it 350 miles from Lafayette, La. to Hot Springs, Ark. 12 mpg at 65 mph. Easy mode.

I wonder if a request could be met and VPR would cut off the excess material around the problem areas discussed (prior to shipping it). For a $2000+ part, one would think they'd like it to be perfect. I emailed them earlier this week twice and they replied both times, although it wasn't about this issue.

Billfish - I emailed their sales department so maybe they're hungry and the reason for the quick response.
it still looks damn good though.

I guess that guy who rusted the bumper doesn't have powder coated black or not keeping it in the garage. The material of bumper is A36 steel and it is quite strong. For the contact, you can talk to Deyan (sales/marketing manager @VPR)deyanfont@gmail.com or Armando (sales rep) aalvite@vpr4x4.com
I am sure they will give you a quick response! The price of the bumper is $1650 (jobber) without shipping. Also you can choose fog lights between hella or rigid leds for free.

I guess that guy who rusted the bumper doesn't have powder coated black or not keeping it in the garage. The material of bumper is A36 steel and it is quite strong. For the contact, you can talk to Deyan (sales/marketing manager @VPR)deyanfont@gmail.com or Armando (sales rep) aalvite@vpr4x4.com
I am sure they will give you a quick response! The price of the bumper is $1650 (jobber) without shipping. Also you can choose fog lights between hella or rigid leds for free.
I have the powder coat and I keep the car in garage, moreover my yearly mileage is about 8kkm-9kkm (5k miles) on this car.. I will post a few pics today/tomorrow. Also I will post a video or a gif showing the "flexibility" of the bumper :)

Though the bumper has a great look indeed.

I am interested in your findings. Sorry you have had such a headache from the Viper.

We are working to put a kit together to fit 35's. The tires are Nitto Trail graplers 35" on 17" wheels. There is minimal rub on the front swaybar and fuill steering lock (swaybar has been relocated) and some rub in the rear at full stuff. Rear was due to lower HD links that we were testing that is a little longer than stock (they were for a 100 series). There is some other stuff underneath the truck to make it work.

Truck currently has rear locker, but probably going to add front when we regear. Still on the fence if that is needed. 4.30's is probably going to be the right ratio.

View attachment 904729

Christo,

Any updates on this kit, or specs?

Due to too much awesomeness in Kreiten's pictures I had to go out to the dunes and snap some pics

IMG_7491.JPG
IMG_7500.JPG
IMG_7503.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom