Great Folding Camp Table (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you are in the market for a new camp-kitchen table...check this one out! I am in now way affiliated with this company...but have both tables and chairs from them, and think they make great products. http://www.buylifetime.com/products/blt/pid-80286.aspx I have the folding table without the grill extension set up which I think is cool and very useful, and have found that it works great, cleans up easily and is very sturdy.

That the same one as competitiveedge.com tables? I know they sell Lifetime at Sam's Club.

That table looks sweet.

I have the Lifetime folding picnic table and benches and use the crap out of it....very pleased

Here is mine.
upload_2014-7-17_22-59-1.jpeg

I need a new lightweight portable table, Ill check out these options.

Those Alps Mountaineering tables are way over priced. I paid $65 for the 28x55 and they're asking the same for a 31x31? That 28x28 can be had for about $40 if you shop around the discount sites.

I have the basic 5' Lifetime folder and it fits perfect laying flat just ahead of the tailgate of my Taco SB
Had it for years and it's proven very durable.

So I ended up with this table. The tipping point was a friend that has had one for something like 15+ years and it is still in great shape. Says much stronger than most portable tables and the slats are covered in a heat, water, and stain proof material. 32 " square so nice size for me. Thx for the tips everyone

http://www.camptime.com/roll-a-table.htm

PhotoDraw7284.jpg

I've had my roll a table for almost 25 years, bought it at Popular Surplus. Still love it

I have a lifetime table that folds in half, 4' or 5'. It works out well and doesn't take up much space. It's a little low for cooking on, but everything else it's taken well.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414910228.918252.jpg

Picked one up few months ago at cabelas (in the clearance dept) a lil big bit folds up nice and perfect height for me being 6'2". Plus has a built in sink and a foot pump for water

Picked one up few months ago at cabelas (in the clearance dept) a lil big bit folds up nice and perfect height for me being 6'2". Plus has a built in sink and a foot pump for water

Can you fold it up with the faucet hose attached?

A few months ago I finally moved my folding camp table project from noggin to materials :D. Like most, I wanted a lightweight, strong and compact table for all things camp duty. Additionally if I could easily and securely store it on the roof of my 100 it would be one less thing occupying precious cargo space on the interior of the rig.

Originally I hoped to keep the completed table to less than 15lbs; however in the end to get what I wanted the total weight crept to 17lbs. Still not bad. Its roughly 2'x4' and at lowest leg adjustment sits 32" tall. The leg levelers, simply 4" long aluminum bolts, provide leveling and increased height duties accordingly. The legs are aluminum, the top aluminum honeycomb with a Formica top. And two gas spring/struts make it super quick to fold/unfold while lending a hand for a solid platform in work mode.

The table also stores on the roof...out of the way yet <30 seconds to deploy and visa-versa. The table and storage system proved to be super handy on recent off-road trips. One more thing crossed off the list :)

spressoFAB Folding Camp Table.jpg

A few months ago I finally moved my folding camp table project from noggin to materials :D.

More pictures please! I'd like to see the underside and the adjusters...
Did you make the legs?
Is the top formica laminated to wood? Are you not afraid that the wood will get wet and delaminate the formica?

No wood...aluminum honeycomb; lightweight and rigid. Yes I made the legs from 1"x1"x.125" aluminum; TIG'd together. The adjusters are just 1/2"-13tpi aluminum bolts using push-in style threaded tube inserts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom