What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (64 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Correct was removed to insert tape. Back in and it definitely helps holding the coffee cups and water bottles from tipping. I have the insert a couple notches to the left for a tighter fit for water bottles and more room on right for mugs. Only thing I could really think of and it is an improvement.

I didn't realize you could slide it. Cool.

The adjustable divider deal doesn't work as well as the 100's design. That and with the 200 you can't fit a regular size Nalgene water bottle in the holder. The holder is just a tad too small in diameter.

I purchased a set of Light Racing Upper Control Arms this morning from FatBobsGarage. They were considerably cheaper than the other vendors.

Yep its me. I hate I can get to the clubhouse page on app so I don't check it as much.

Want to pick your brain on some stuff soon.
If you "watch" that page from your computer, you'll be able to pick it up on your mobile devices from the main screen. Nice feature to get around a serious design flaw on the new site.

Last edited:
sorry to bring it to you guys but there's no usb at the back of any of the factory headunits. I somehow managed to pull off 6 USB ports, 2 of them charge, 4 of them play to the factory system....2 of the 4 are in the rear headrest screens which also play to the front and vice versa, alot of trial and error but i got it done

here's one conveniently placed with retractable cord, charges iphones/samsung/blackberry

usb-lc2002.jpg

usb-lc200.jpg
Any more details on this?

I am still not sure what alwaysme is saying. It looks like he says that there are not USB ports, but then he says he did find them, and was able to connect to them?

my bad for the confusion, earlier dukmon was wondering if the 2009's have unused USB ports at the back of the factory headunits, which unfortunately they don't. Only Late 2010+ came with AUX/USB combo inputs in the following form (instead of AUX jack only)

part number 86190-0C020
Picture211.jpg

Another member also asked if its possible to do a multi-USB port, researched this for more than a year as it was a requirement to pull off a project I had going. I also was in need of an extra AUX 3.5mm input so I can integrate an external audio source to the factory speakers without wires hanging up front (ipod, iphone etc.). This was hell to figure out because apparently the factory fujitsu system had some kind of "detection" wire that an AUX source is plugged in, that's when you see the "AUX" tab active on the nav screen when its in use and inactive when not. At first i gave it a try with standard aftermarket AUX ports but failed, even the standalone geniune toyota/lexus AUX port does not work and had to finally use the aux/usb combo because that had the "detection" pin/wire to communicate with the nav headunit. Got that from a LEXUS GS at the junkyard along with the harness.

Thanks for the clarification. I wish you had done a write up!

my bad for the confusion, earlier dukmon was wondering if the 2009's have unused USB ports at the back of the factory headunits, which unfortunately they don't. Only Late 2010+ came with AUX/USB combo inputs in the following form (instead of AUX jack only)

part number 86190-0C020
Picture211.jpg

Another member also asked if its possible to do a multi-USB port, researched this for more than a year as it was a requirement to pull off a project I had going. I also was in need of an extra AUX 3.5mm input so I can integrate an external audio source to the factory speakers without wires hanging up front (ipod, iphone etc.). This was hell to figure out because apparently the factory fujitsu system had some kind of "detection" wire that an AUX source is plugged in, that's when you see the "AUX" tab active on the nav screen when its in use and inactive when not. At first i gave it a try with standard aftermarket AUX ports but failed, even the standalone geniune toyota/lexus AUX port does not work and had to finally use the aux/usb combo because that had the "detection" pin/wire to communicate with the nav headunit. Got that from a LEXUS GS at the junkyard along with the harness.

So that switch has a harness to the radio and will play aux and usb or just aux and usb charge?

So that switch has a harness to the radio and will play aux and usb or just aux and usb charge?

in stock form both USB/AUX will play only without charge, but with modification it can be done. Are you looking to play your mp3/ipod/iphone and charge as well but you only have an AUX port? because your sig shows 2008

in stock form both USB/AUX will play only without charge, but with modification it can be done. Are you looking to play your mp3/ipod/iphone and charge as well but you only have an AUX port? because your sig shows 2008

Yes. It would be nice to have that, but will the radio support it. Mine only has the aux port.

There's ways to do it, but if you want it "factory" looking you can do the following

(Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible if you mess this up, the below only applies to 200's with NO USB, do not attempt if your car already comes with the USB/AUX combo.)

1. Buy the AUX cable charger in FIG 1 depending on your phone/ipod/whatever
2. Buy a powerpole converter in Fig 2 or something similar (step down from 12v to 5v)
3. Buy part 86190-0C020 to replace your current AUX only port, bonus if you can find it with the harness
4. Your current AUX port will have 8 PINS, you will need to map them to the 5 Pin setup in part number 86190-0C020. If you are not electrically inclined then please see a professional. FIG 3 shows each pin does what
5. Considering you got the wiring correct in #4, you are now left with a fully functional AUX port on the AUX/USB combo switch, test and make sure the HU detects an AUX connection. Next is getting the USB to charge so you can use the cable in #1.
6. Now there are multiple ways to do it, see what this member did here , but its kind of messy. You can head up to an electronics shop and they would be able to solder it neatly to a regular USB cord.
7. Now plug the cord to the powerpole in #2 using ignition switched and viola, youll be able to connect your AUX and charge at the same time, clean w/ OEM+ look

FIG 1
10pcs-lot-usb-charger-data-cable-amp-car.jpg

FIG 2
USBbuddy_xlrg.jpg

FIG 3 (borrowed from tacoma forums)
8pinconnector_zps280625e6.gif

1 = Aux Left Out
2 = Aux Right Out
3 = Aux Ground
4 = Aux Connection Sensor
5 = Shielding
6-8 = Unused

There's ways to do it, but if you want it "factory" looking you can do the following

(Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible if you mess this up, the below only applies to 200's with NO USB, do not attempt if your car already comes with the USB/AUX combo.)

1. Buy the AUX cable charger in FIG 1 depending on your phone/ipod/whatever
2. Buy a powerpole converter in Fig 2 or something similar (step down from 12v to 5v)
3. Buy part 86190-0C020 to replace your current AUX only port, bonus if you can find it with the harness
4. Your current AUX port will have 8 PINS, you will need to map them to the 5 Pin setup in part number 86190-0C020. If you are not electrically inclined then please see a professional. FIG 3 shows each pin does what
5. Considering you got the wiring correct in #4, you are now left with a fully functional AUX port on the AUX/USB combo switch, test and make sure the HU detects an AUX connection. Next is getting the USB to charge so you can use the cable in #1.
6. Now there are multiple ways to do it, see what this member did here , but its kind of messy. You can head up to an electronics shop and they would be able to solder it neatly to a regular USB cord.
7. Now plug the cord to the powerpole in #2 using ignition switched and viola, youll be able to connect your AUX and charge at the same time, clean w/ OEM+ look

FIG 1
10pcs-lot-usb-charger-data-cable-amp-car.jpg

FIG 2
USBbuddy_xlrg.jpg

FIG 3 (borrowed from tacoma forums)
8pinconnector_zps280625e6.gif

1 = Aux Left Out
2 = Aux Right Out
3 = Aux Ground
4 = Aux Connection Sensor
5 = Shielding
6-8 = Unused

Good info. Thanks for the details

Got weathertech liner.

1412437630673.jpg

1412437661559.jpg

1412437732377.jpg

1412437766376.jpg

I took off the OEM slider/steps yesterday. I think the 200 looks great without them, and it makes the truck look like it sits higher off of the ground.

I spent the morning trying to figure out why my rear seat bracket has trouble retracting when the seat is folded down. I didn't figure out what was the matter, so it still does not retract (the little black, d-shaped steel ring), but I did find a nice little surprise left by the previous owner's spawn. :censor:

If anyone wants to chime in to help, I'd appreciate it.

IMG_1829_zpsea372099.jpg

IMG_1828_zps4aed1bef.jpg

IMG_1830_zps3de02b10.jpg

Last edited:
I took off the OEM slider/steps yesterday. I think the 200 looks great without them, and it makes the truck look like it is higher off of the ground.

I spent the morning trying to figure out why my rear seat bracket has trouble retracting when the seat is folded down. I didn't figure out what was the matter, so it still does not retract (the little black, d-shaped steel ring), but I did find a nice little surprise left by the previous owner's spawn. :censor:

If anyone wants to chime in to help, I'd appreciate it.

IMG_1829_zpsea372099.jpg

IMG_1828_zps4aed1bef.jpg

IMG_1830_zps3de02b10.jpg
Sorry I don't have any tips, but the crayons are funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom