Telescoping Steering Wheel Retrofit Possible? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I'm in the market for a 2000-2001 100 series and I've been leaning towards the Lexus because of the tilt/telescoping steering wheel. I drove an LC and I just didn't like how far away the steering wheel was. However, I'm wondering if anyone has ever attempted a retrofit of the telescoping portion of the steering column from a Lexus into an LC? With that I'd be able to expand my field of interest to include LCs as well. Any thoughts?

Some of the LCs also had telescoping columns, in 2003 at least that I can tell. (Although problematic at times.) Don't recall if they had it earlier or not.

Yeah but I don't want to pay the money for a 2003+ and I don't like the nav dash anyway.

If you mean the function were the steering wheel moves to its position when starting the car, then I have that on a 1998 LC 100 and I'd assume that it would be an easy fit on your car.

I tried on my 99 and failed. After getting everything hooked up, no dice. Further investigation of parts diagrams resulted in two different modules and some wiring. One was the kick panel junction block/fuse block and the other was a memory module I think in the dash or glove box area.

My 99 is a US model LC. I purchased a column from a wrecked 99 LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom