New 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg
This version not so much....... :)

Just do it!....you need that!

I'm a 70 Series Cruiser guy .....
My wife's 2005 4Runner will be the last 4Runner under the garage.

I always been a fan of the early generation 4runners, never liked my wife's 2005 and thought Toyota had lost their mind with the newest one. I now realize there are versions of the new 4Runner that look very nice. ( still not a fan of the tail lights ) This version is very desirable in my opinion.View attachment 930414

View attachment 930415 This version not so much....... :)

I can't get over the storm trooper vent things on the sides of the bumper. Everything besides that I like. However, on a black truck it's much less noticeable. If I was to buy one (which I'm a 4th gen 4Runner guy) I would get the blacked out trail edition. Not a huge fan of the crawl control because it takes the fun out of it but it's still a pretty sweet truck.

I'm torn on the second one because it doesn't have the weird storm trooper vents but it is replaced by all that ugly chrome. If you could get that type of bumper but all black, it would be much better.

Perhaps it's an illusion but this version looks like it could survive off road however the other version (the one with the chrome) looks like it's more suited for a Neiman Marcus parking lot.
* You are showing your age when you refer to "storm troopers".
image.jpg

Last edited:
The Neiman Marcus version is actually the Limited edition. And yes more intended for mall crawling than off roading. But I do know of at least one 2014 owner in Houston who has radically changed his to an off road beast. I'm new to the forum and this seemed like the place to make my first post. Here is my 2014 Trail edition. I've made a few additions since buying it in January, and have had it off road a few times. Nothing too drastic yet though. It does still have to do time as my daily driver. Howdy Titanpat!

photo 2.JPG

The Neiman Marcus version is actually the Limited edition. And yes more intended for mall crawling than off roading. But I do know of at least one 2014 owner in Houston who has radically changed his to an off road beast. I'm new to the forum and this seemed like the place to make my first post. Here is my 2014 Trail edition. I've made a few additions since buying it in January, and have had it off road a few times. Nothing too drastic yet though. It does still have to do time as my daily driver. Howdy Titanpat!

View attachment 946492

Hi Pal!

nice to see you here..now for the official Mud' salute!! :flipoff2::hillbilly::flipoff2:

I really wish they'd offer a trail with all the limited stuff. Like the smart key. The better quality leather, etc. I mean, our IS250 is nearing 10 years old and had all of those things. Toyota is really dragging it's feet on putting the newer tech stuff in the lower level models.

I really wish they'd offer a trail with all the limited stuff. Like the smart key. The better quality leather, etc. I mean, our IS250 is nearing 10 years old and had all of those things. Toyota is really dragging it's feet on putting the newer tech stuff in the lower level models.
I completely agree. They should have at least put those upgrades to the trd pro.

You can get a smart key in a $16k Corolla, but not a 4runner trail? It should be standard across the board for the 4runner lineup.

It should also be standard on the platinum tundra and sequoia but no... My ideal SUV would be a trd pro 4runner with smart remote and vented/heated seats. I currently have a GX460 and a LC 100. It would be the perfect combination of both. A vehicle I can take off road and not feel guilty about and have all the comforts everywhere I go. The toyota redesign guys are slacking. I could make a long list of things but this is not the place.

While I'm complaining, the interior should look like this (Mr.T's own highlander):
2014-toyota-highlander-limited-awd-interior-photo-509353-s-1280x782.jpg

Or even this (Rav 4):
2014-Toyota-RAV4-Interior.jpg

Not like this:
2014-toyota-4runner-interior.jpg

It's quasi-utilitarian...with a splash of sparkle and mud..

I can understand some of the choices on the interior - except the tiny nav screen. Obviously the dash was designed for a larger screen and then a plastic trim piece shrinks the hole. Did someone have a fires sale on a million small screens? Of all the vehicles where you'd maybe want to us a GPS for real navigation, I'd think an offroad suv would be at the top of the list.

From what I've been reading it looks like the future for Toyota may be using android tablets in the dash instead of built in screens. This is a production model already on sale in Taiwan with nexus 7 customized by Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom