BJ74 only came with with 4 tires, looking for help suggestion in upgrading all 5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been doing some searchin on here and from what I gather the bolt pattern is 6 on 5.5 with a 3.5" backspacing?

I am trying to find an affordable $100-150 per wheel that will fit 33" tires.

I am not opposed to using some spacers to make em fit. and I want them black

I found these http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/R...c=11&t_s=209&t_pt=100021&t_pn=PCW51-6883S3.5H

Any other suggestions or thoughts would be great?

Personaly I dont like the "wagon wheel" look. I run almost the exact same thing in a modular design
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/S...x?t_c=11&t_s=209&t_pt=100021&t_pn=PCW87-6883T
The actual wheel has less cut outs then the pic shown in the link and the backspacing is 3.75" not 4"

272.JPG 002.JPG

Last edited:
I prefer the look of yours well. I was hoping to find some mickey thompson classic II's, the classics III's dont appear to come in the correct size anymore

I prefer the look of yours well. I was hoping to find some mickey thompson classic II's, the classics III's dont appear to come in the correct size anymore

I see a 16x8 6 on 5.5 with 3 5/8 inches backspace, a 15x8 6 on 5.5 with 3 5/8 inches of backspace and a 15x10 6 on 5.5 with 3 5/8 inches of backspace. These are the polished version. 15 x 8 shows to also be available in black.

I do prefer the look of the Classic II. I have a set of those in 16x10 on my Dodge truck.

Get Toyota Landcruiser 16" steel wheels, there is a much wider selection of tires in 16" and they're less expensive.
The '74 needs the 10% OD that the 16" wheels gives if you plan to drive it on the highway.

My cruiser came with those in a 15". A prado has them in 16" but are narrow. I forget how narrow.

I currently run Mickey Thompson classic III's in a 16x8. I'm happy with the quality (the 3's are a step up in machine quality from the 2's), the weight, and price point. Only thing I'd do differently is get them in black instead of chrome. My concern at the time was the black could scratch off on the trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom