hj47 pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi just a few pics for those interested of the chassis on my hot rod inspired 45 now its pretty much done :)

Before
IMG_20140601_161828.jpg

In the rotisserie stripped blasted and primed
115_6025-1.jpg

Painted and reassembled
115_6040.jpg

115_6041.jpg

IMG_20140814_211955-1.jpg

IMG_20140918_192957.jpg

100_1235.jpg

IMG_20140918_192923.jpg

I'm now about to start finishing off the body work and paint it.
Thanx for looking

That is some very nice work there mate

Dont think its a 64 looks more like a 65 which is the long wheel base, is that the chassis as it looks like a 70s model with that front cross member?

That is some very nice work there mate

:cheers: chappo thanx mate

uted was the 64 chassis extended 4 inch 100mm behind the rear cab mount.

Yes was originally, has been reworked though to eliminate to ugly fish plate on the out side

Great work there mate, some nice looking rigs, look forward to more of your posts, Cheers, Geoff.

:cheers: Geoff thanx mate

Dont think its a 64 looks more like a 65 which is the long wheel base, is that the chassis as it looks like a 70s model with that front cross member?

o_O Chassis number 4 fj 45 ****** makes it 64. Started with a rusty chassis and used parts of a 76 and 82 chassis and various other vehicles to repair and modify it to suit my needs. Front cross member modified. Front suspension modified HT Holden. Gearbox cross member modified HZ holden. Center cross member modified. Shocky cross member modified. Rear cross member modified. Front and rear of chassis shortened. all rear spring hangers relocated using 82 model pressed spring hangers rather than the original cast ones and modified front springs used. A lot of those what look like rivets are actually high tensile button head bolts to help keep the original look.;) And yes it's all engineered

Last edited:
you do some unique work uted; impressed with your skills.

that 64 interests me. would have certainly called it a 65 myself. never seen one with the later cab but still retaining the 4 prefix on the chassis number. 64 seems to be the last year with the prefix. was the id plate marked the same?

Looking good mate glad to see your still at it

I have always, always, always wanted a 2WD FJ45 rod. Always.

image.jpeg
Uted I really like your red rims. I went with that look on my 68' Chevy street rod.

Thanx. Na no smokey burnouts, well not on those tires anyway. Color is Ford Australia wild violet, early to mid seventies falcon color

Beautiful work as usual mate

Looking good mate

Looks good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom