Ham Call Sign Master List (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mud Name: cboyd
Call Sign: KJ4EST
Class: General

Mud Name: Mr.twooooo
Call Sigh: KK4VVY
Class: Technician
Radio: Kenwood TM-D710G
Antenna: Larson 2/70NMO on the front bumper of the 80

MUD Name: Finnyfam60
Callsign: KK6JZJ

...via IH8MUD app

Mud Name: CruiseOrlando
Call Sign: KK4LZM WG3MG
Class: General

Last edited:
My dad was a big HAM guy back in the 50' & 60's and as a child I remember our home's basement being full of his equipment. Is there anyway to retrieve his old HAM call sign for old times sake? ( he has been deceased for quite a while)
Thanks.....

My dad was a big HAM guy back in the 50' & 60's and as a child I remember our home's basement being full of his equipment. Is there anyway to retrieve his old HAM call sign for old times sake? ( he has been deceased for quite a while)
Thanks.....

Yup. Assuming it hasn't been re-issued (unlikely unless it's a 2x2 or something very popular), immediate family has 'priority' over an old call.

I just went thru this - kind of - with my call. My dad used to have W3GMG, but that wasn't his first callsign. He was forced to change back when they enforced regions, and he moved - this made him get a new call.

Well, I remember W3GMG growing up. And since my issued call didn't mean anything to me, I applied for his old one. I think it was sitting around for 7 or 8 years.

All it takes is about $15 and the ability to navigate the FCC website. Don't take the latter part lightly, it's not easy to figure out all the steps! I'm happy to give more info if anyone would like.

By the way, I think it took 2 or 3 weeks for me to get mine swapped over.

Edit - now that I re-read your post, I'm not sure if you wanted to transfer it, or just look it up?

If you just want to look up his (or anyone elses') callsign, go to http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchLicense.jsp

Yup. Assuming it hasn't been re-issued (unlikely unless it's a 2x2 or something very popular), immediate family has 'priority' over an old call.

I just went thru this - kind of - with my call. My dad used to have W3GMG, but that wasn't his first callsign. He was forced to change back when they enforced regions, and he moved - this made him get a new call.

Well, I remember W3GMG growing up. And since my issued call didn't mean anything to me, I applied for his old one. I think it was sitting around for 7 or 8 years.

All it takes is about $15 and the ability to navigate the FCC website. Don't take the latter part lightly, it's not easy to figure out all the steps! I'm happy to give more info if anyone would like.

By the way, I think it took 2 or 3 weeks for me to get mine swapped over.

Edit - now that I re-read your post, I'm not sure if you wanted to transfer it, or just look it up?

If you just want to look up his (or anyone elses') callsign, go to http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchLicense.jsp

I was simply trying to find his old call sign but wasn't successful with the above web address.
Thanks for taking time to reply.
I remember my dad sitting in the basement for hours clicking out a morse code message to friends.

Mud name: nofomoco

Call sign: KM4DFI

Area: Knoxville, TN

Mud Name: saucebox
Call Sign: KG7AKG
Class: Tech

Mud Name: GLTHFJ60
Call Sign: KK4HAN

Mud Name: Mr Cimarron
Call Sign: KG5EAR