What did you do to your pig today? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

got sick of waiting for folks to come pick up the carcass, so started cutting it up to go to
DSC08917.JPG
the scrapyard

three people said they'd take it. one has spent four months blowing me off on a time, one won't call me back and the other decided to move out of state and can't take it with...so scrapyard it goes. body is pretty bad. nothing under the rear quarters, floors are welded in diamond plate, one fender went to the bosshogs new rig, both have been poorly patched. bolts love to snap off, rockers are gone.

three people said they'd take it. one has spent four months blowing me off on a time, one won't call me back and the other decided to move out of state and can't take it with...so scrapyard it goes. body is pretty bad. nothing under the rear quarters, floors are welded in diamond plate, one fender went to the bosshogs new rig, both have been poorly patched. bolts love to snap off, rockers are gone.
Probably not keen but thought I should ask. I'm looking for a good lower windscreen panel the one the window wipers go through can send picture of it if you want. Just if it's going to scrap would be glad buy it off you if it is in good shape. Sacrifice one to save another...

the bolt in panel got it. i'll have to see what shipping to nz would be unless you know someone here.

got sick of waiting for folks to come pick up the carcass, so started cutting it up to go to View attachment 947324 the scrapyard

Hey Ige,

I never know what to call this thing... the front core/inner fender/headlight holder/under the hood thing-a-ma-bob (pictured below). Does the piggie headed for the scrapyard have a clean one? Looks like a later model, any idea if it would work on my '71? If yes&yes, I could come by and take it off your hands later this week/weekend.

core.JPG

Thanks!

should work. i had to cut inner fenders at firewall, but you could drill the spotweld and salvage the front section easily enough. dont' know if 71 and 78 are the same, but i don't know why they wouldn't be at least close. this one certainly looks better than yours ;) i'm hoping to take as much as i can to the scrap yard sat am, i could plasma that off the inner fender sections that i cut up thurs or fri for you if you can't make it up before the weekend.
DSC08920.JPG

Sorry not the bolt on one with slots, the one that bolts on to. Forms the exterior part of the lower windscreen. This one in the picture with all the rust holes.
Thanks
i'd have to see how hard it would be to cut out of there
DSC08921.JPG

Appreciate the work involved, will be difficult to cut out. I don't mind paying for the effort and consumbles used. Your panel is way better than mine☺

should work. i had to cut inner fenders at firewall, but you could drill the spotweld and salvage the front section easily enough. dont' know if 71 and 78 are the same, but i don't know why they wouldn't be at least close. this one certainly looks better than yours ;) i'm hoping to take as much as i can to the scrap yard sat am, i could plasma that off the inner fender sections that i cut up thurs or fri for you if you can't make it up before the weekend. View attachment 948096

I was thinking of driving up Friday afternoon/evening (maybe early Saturday morning?). What ever works for you.

With my trailer out of commission, I'm just wondering if it'll fit in the 100. ??? :D

Last edited:
i plan on being at the scrapyard first thing saturday. only taking loose stuff this time. will have to cut body up more..got to fit it in a topless first gen runner ;)

i plan on being at the scrapyard first thing saturday. only taking loose stuff this time. will have to cut body up more..got to fit it in a topless first gen runner ;)

Oh, gottcha. Just let me know when you need it out of your way and I'll be happy to take it off your hands.

I've got a LONG way to go before I actually need it. :(

Last edited:
As soon as possible. ;). If you're there Friday when I get home from work (cough cough 6cough). You can lighten my scrapyard load

10291044_10203386960019620_8807663515102448246_n_zpsf5cd3803.jpg

10299158_10203386936939043_94087129247904850_n_zps0296809f.jpg

1604875_10203386958299577_9047082453863478232_n_zps092d1d24.jpg

10690012_10203386959019595_958848809280187932_n_zps847c9045.jpg

Dragged her out of the pasture today and got the window out and tailgate down. Going to pull the motor out Friday, and hopfully this weekend tow it to my parent's house and put the new motor in. Tomorrow going to WASH IT!!!! The swine is getting the hose tomorrow. Going to pull the seats and floor mats and get some soap and a sponge and just go to town. :)

I'm happy to be working on it again. I forgot how cool this thing was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom