The Official 1HD-T/FT Fuel Pump Mod Tuning Thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The air box and entire air/ intake system.

Thanks a lot!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Guys, they're two different things, XXI are at the front edge of aftermarket performance in this area, the 6" pod is the best stock solution (IMO) I could bolt in myself cheaply. I go from my big snorkel to a 4" inlet - 6" pod - 4" outlet, I'm really happy with it. It's cheap, simple, effective and has a huge flow advantage over the stock system. I'm really happy. From my perspective, there are great gains to be made in the middle ground, cheaply, that's where I'm at :) I'm very comfortable that there is far less flow resistance in my system (compared to stock) and I have a huge volume advantage. A few more % of either won't make a substantial difference to my setup, I couldn't be happier :)

I could not agree more dadinabarrel, do i spend 800 bucks and get that 0.5% increase in flow or go for the simple to fit ebay special? I am a blue collar fitter who has a hunch there are cheaper alternatives.

Not trying to be a thread nazi, but we are getting off topic a bit. Tim you really should post your work to the intake mod thread above, your effort on that job looks to be invaluable for the working class aussies like myself (and the seppos) :D.

Yotahead would you be willing to show the internal machining involved? An amateur machinest like myself with access to a couple of IPs for torture testing would be very grateful.

If they are purely for sale then no probs.

I'm sure that Yotahed is willing to share what it takes to build a performance pump not to mention settle some Voodoo and secrets.
Its all hush hush in the cruiser world because people are making money off this sort of thing.
Regardless if the information get out there will be people that go and persue different avenues instead of going to see one guy or having to out source something.
This is all known stuff in the VW and cummins world and it is hardly state of the art.
Knowledge to the people and let them make an educated decision for themselves in terms of performance and bang for their buck.

Well said

I'm sure that Yotahed is willing to share what it takes to build a performance pump not to mention settle some Voodoo and secrets.
Its all hush hush in the cruiser world because people are making money off this sort of thing.
Regardless if the information get out there will be people that go and persue different avenues instead of going to see one guy or having to out source something.
This is all known stuff in the VW and cummins world and it is hardly state of the art.
Knowledge to the people and let them make an educated decision for themselves in terms of performance and bang for their buck.

This is what I find very amusing.

There are many people who sit on their hands and expect everything to be handed to them. These people armed with very limited knowledge - go off and expect to do as well as, or better than a person/company who has spent HUGE amounts of $$$/months or years gathering this information and results. And you seem to be leading this charge on this forum foreal. Always trying to COPY, and figure out what other people have done INSTEAD of doing all the hard work yourself. Spend the time, spend the money. And then if you want to share with everyone - kutos to you.

I have a funny feeling after you've spent 40k and every spare second of your time for a good 6 months, you won't be so forth coming.

I praise people who come up with genuine unique products for the industry. And respect what they have achieved. Because I know what they have had to go through and their commitment.

Food for thought.

Its known what works and what doesn't on engines very similar to the ones we have.
I fully understand the amount of R&D that others will have to go through to get the results they want. Countless combinations and time testing.
This isn't my day job, nor will it ever be so don't crucify me for trying something I am interested in and wanting to play with.
Its obvious who is going to be ahead comparing a guy doing it for a day job vs a guy tinkering in his garage.
I'm not looking to beat the big guy. I'm not looking to cash in on this and be sitting on a beach with my efforts. Its a hobby.

Always trying to copy lol, and these fancy combinations or designs were never copied by their creators at all no no no, that would be cheating. Wake up. buddy. Get off your almighty high horse.

Have a bit of a read on the internet what works on these engines. I don't need to explain this to you because you know. Even the creators from these products copy. Now when you adapt these characteristics into a product that is bolt on for example with one of these engines without having to muck around and change existing bolt patterns and hose routings so its easy for a customer to just bolt it in you make life easier.

This very same s*** is happening with the patrols and many other kinds of vehicles. Its nothing new.
UFI as an example sells $2000+ turbos and pumps. Its publicized what works and what doesn't. This is what the internet is for sharing information. Do with it what you want. Now you can't crucify the guy who wants to say I want to try on of those Kinugawa turbos at half the cost if not cheaper.
The results are pretty good for your money. The little guys are doing just fine running around with their 16g and 18g combinations running their 6cm and 8cm housings. Now this would piss off the big guys but you can't win them all. People are going to take both avenues and make a decision for themselves. The big guy is going to rave and rant on how good his products are and down play any competition.

Pumps and turbos alike this same thing happened with cummins and vw performance people.
People got interested in saying hey this stuff isn't too complicated lets give it a try and pass on some information.
Both kinds of people can co-exist.

It gets to the point of how much money does one want to spend for an increase in performance.
There are different needs for different people. I personally don't want to spend over $8000 for a turbo, airbox and intercooler.
Not to mention all the other little s*** that goes along with it that isn't included (gaskets for a laugh). Can't afford that nor can I justify it, same with plenty of other people.

Can't say I am all too happy with my personal experience dealing with you, it lead me to wanting to verify what I got. How dare me right for questioning my dealings with an upstanding gentleman like yourself.
Exposed something that was pretty cheap and you just shrugged it off confronted about it. Not a good business tactic.
For the amount of money that was put up I could have at least got a better fuel pin instead of that hack job that was done on a grinder when you ranted and raved about custom tunes. The least you could have done was provide a fuel pin for your injection guy to install that you know was up to your performance standards.

When you email companies here in aus trying to find inside information about our and others products. It all comes back mate. Its a small world. So if you think anyone is going to give you any information at all. Your dreaming.

As for your comments about custom tuning. It just proves you have no idea. You can't custom tune a pump unless its on the vehicle with all perameters. This is free information you choose to ignore. And why it's just a generic pin.

Best of luck with all your ventures, and be sure to post your results.

When you email companies here in aus trying to find inside information about our and others products. It all comes back mate. Its a small world. So if you think anyone is going to give you any information at all. Your dreaming.

As for your comments about custom tuning. It just proves you have no idea. You can't custom tune a pump unless its on the vehicle with all perameters. This is free information you choose to ignore. And why it's just a generic pin.

Best of luck with all your ventures, and be sure to post your results.

Probably talking about the clutch questions. Doesn't hurt to ask when you have a buddy with a blown clutch trying to weigh his options. Sure as s*** won't be headed to you.

Well I do understand that each turbo is going to perform differently and the fuel pin would be have to made to suit for boost levels at highway cruise and maintaining good afrs. I'm just surprised you provided what looks like a kid took to an angle grinder and called it a day.

Id be happy to.

both have points,but such is life. pretty shelterred to think that a rental or one off can't be copied , at least in the fx industry . i would think that foreal is putting in his time in resaerch just as bigboy has , both useing feed back on here just reread the mod threads that are only two years old.

@ wrongway. Reading feed back on these threads or the internet in general isn't research. Most of it clouds your judgement. When its time to actually start testing all this stuff. You see how wrong most of it is. But going against the grain with information isn't popular, and why results are needed.

Take this thread. Who here is actually tuning diesels or doing any research/ testing apart from reading internet blogs? I developed my own tuning perameters (forget the internet and start testing and learning) which is completely different to the way say Graeme does it. I once started a thread explaining the exact ins and outs and step by step approach to tuning your diesel/turbo diesel perfectly - which was met by uneducated criticism. So I pulled the info and now just do it myself. It's not about profit or making money at all (every tuning dollar goes straight back into R&D). It's about lack of support and the hard earned work and information going unappreciated. I'm sure everyone can relate to that. So instead of a thank you on a forum. I now get loads of happy people who travel from far and wide who are really happy and appreciative. I also get sceptics who bring their trucks straight from a dyno tune and leave very happy and converted indeed. And to be honest, it's far more rewarding than an internet thread.

As for the pump mods/builds. Jon is taking that 1 up, and keep up the good work to him.

The only thing I will be doing is posting results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom