SnoreBoar Scratch Built Off Road Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally took the lunge and built my trailer.

I dont do too much crazy offloading so my trailer was not built for clearance and with expensive components.

It was built with these things in mind.

Cost- I wanted it to be functional and cheap. I needed it to also haul my kayaks.

Kayaks- Needs to haul my kayaks and fishing gear (will be mainly used to haul my yaks)

Versatile- I wanted to be able to use it go grab wood metal a fridge or washer and dry maybe even a four wheeler.

I used two builds in order to build mine. Here are the two builds i used as reference.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/box-rocket-homemade-trailer-build.264952/

Check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SnoreBoarFab

I also make the DIY Drawer systems when I have time.

For materials I used

2.5" .120 For the main frame
2.5" 3/16 For the tounge
1.5" .063 For the uprights
1x3 for the lip on top
16ga sheet for the sides
Pre fabed Fenders

Here are the pics :)

Looks nice but I would want the tongue tied further back into the frame. At this point a length of steel welded under the main tongue back into the main frame would suffice. Light trailer so it's not a huge issue, but the tongue welded to the front seems like it could act as a hinge and eventually crack.

You are absolutely correct. The trailer would have been better off tied in further. But after calculating the weight of the trailer (I'm not sure and exact number but i can pick up the trailer and move the back tires when its hitched on) I decided to do exactly as you mentioned to tie it with a plate of steel.

I do have plans for a tailgate that will be coming soon.

The axle came from a company called Nuera transport very good prices btw.

The fenders i got there also.

I have about 600 dollars into it so far including the yakima bars i found at academy for 17.99 !!!!!

I'm looking to build one soon also. Looks good man

I'm looking to build one soon also. Looks good man

I will be adding a tail gate soon will have pictures up. I made a design flaw i will go into details kind of annoying but i will work around it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom