ACC Not "The Fall Gathering" Gathering Oct 10-12 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The BBQ seemed to go over well at OTMT, so put us down for that and some sides.

Debating on bratwurst or flank steak for the potluck. Also, I'm assuming people will be wheeling on Friday all day? Seems like most are heading up Thursday night/early Friday morning.

So far I haven't been able to find anyone heading up from my area (Travelers Rest, SC), so I'm planning to head out Friday morning around 0400ish to get there about 0830.

Last edited:
Debating on bratwurst or flank steak for the potluck. Also, I'm assuming people will be wheeling on Friday all day? Seems like most are heading up Thursday night/early Friday morning.

So far I haven't been able to find anyone heading up from my area (Travelers Rest, SC), so I'm planning to head out Friday morning around 0400ish to get there about 0830.

I'm hoping to be there by 10. I would come up Thursday night or leave earlier on Friday but we gotta drop the little one off and the wife is coming with. She asked me what time we were leaving the other day an I said 6... She looked at me like... Seriously? Haha. I told her she could go back to sleep in the car. She was not amused. :grinpimp:

And, yes, people will be wheeling and BS-ing all day Friday and Saturday. Everyone pretty much gets up and heads out on Sunday morning.

I'm ready to get out there for the weekend and relax! Hopefully the rain holds out, looking like only scattered thunderstorms right now.

@Teddy are you towing or driving your rig? Talking to @89s rule about a set of tires and wheels and wondering if you or anyone from the upstate might be driving anything that could haul a set of 4 255s.

@Teddy are you towing or driving your rig? Talking to @89s rule about a set of tires and wheels and wondering if you or anyone from the upstate might be driving anything that could haul a set of 4 255s.

I'm driving up. My 80 is my only truck I have right now. I don't think they would fit inside with all my junk. However, I'm pretty sure I could fit 4 255s standing up on my hitch hauler. It's 59.5 inches wide. Could just ratchet strap them down.

We left half our trailer still packed from this last weekend. Airing out the tent and sleeping bags, washing our "camping clothes" and will be ready for more wheeling.

We're planning to head up on Friday, weather depending. Is anyone have any children they are bringing? Our son is 8 and will be looking for some playmates.

I stopped by the garage today while I was in between work stops to get some expert eyes and ears on my new squeaky steering noise that started during the Southern Cruiser Crawl. Turned out to be the Total Chaos ball joints on the UCAs. I guess all the dust on the trails (couldn't see the vehicle 50 ft in front of me) was the cause. Thanks Mike Towers for helping me track that down. Couple drops of TriFlow on each ball joint took care of it. I was worried I'd be changing tie rods this week.
:bounce2:

Some routine maintenance items to knock out tomorrow and the truck will be ready to roll. I think we might pack at some point too.

Still trying to decide whether or not to bring my kiddos

@jynx where do they need to go?

Just from the upstate to the ACC ride. Not sure where @89s rule is located exactly but if I am able to find a ride for the tires then I can try to get with him. We will be attending and will bring them home from there.

@Teddy would a couple 6er's of your favorite brew buy them a ride? Do you know Matt?

@jynx , I have no problem bringing them up on my hitch hauler, but I believe @89s rule is about 40 miles from me. If he could get them to me, it's no big deal.

I will be at my office in Greenville tomorrow and Thursday all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom