What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

started putting together an intercooler

20140930_144805.jpg

Cleaned the Cargo Area (A bigger project than it looks)

Decided to put WagonGear Side Panels in my '60. One thing led to another, and now I'm refurbishing the whole cargo area. Since I was back there, I decided there was no reason to go half way given the sorry state of the carpet. I'm going to prime and paint the bed, put in Dynamat/Dynaliner, install a new rubber/vinyl mat in the bed to replace the ratty carpet, bolt in Wagongear Side Panels, and finally put the Adventure Trailer drawers back in.

Followup today:
Sealed holes, replaced edge sealant as needed, cleaned rear quarter spaces, primed, painted, moved Evap unit, and started Dynamat install. Misjudged Dynamat amount so have to wait for another box before I continue. I misjudged the duration of this project severely (by several hundred percent). I'm glad I embarked on it though.
Where did you get that fitted vinyl mat?

FINALLY got my 60 back from the shop last weekend. We had been chasing issues with the power steering all summer, eventually replacing tie rod ends, rebuilding the pump 3 times (once by me, twice by a local steering components shop), trying a different rebuilt pump (supplied by steering components shop after first two failed rebuilds), rebuilding the steering gear box, blowing out fluid lines, triple checking EVERY steering component.... but we still couldn't get any steering assist... We eventually decided to track down a new Toyota pump just to eliminate the other rebuilt ones as the variable.... then it worked. :bang: I still don't really know why those other pumps were BOTH failures after rebuilds. Comerson's Toy Shop was great to work with and made sure it was done right, I highly recommend them.

Once I had it back home I could finally mount the third gen 4runner wheels I've had sitting in the backyard all summer. I've been pretty curious to see what they would look like on a 60. (sorry for the blown out cell phone pics)

DSC_0143_1 by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

DSC_0145_1 by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

DSC_0139_1 by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

IMG_2864.JPG
New rear carpet...

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom