Factory 1HZT (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The compression ratio on that sheet is incorrect I think.
The 1hz and 1hd-t have different length rods from what I have always been told.
If shorter rods are fitted it should essentially lower the compression ratio to 1hd-t spec if not right above depending on piston height difference.
I'm all ears.

The 1hz and 1hd-t have different length rods from what I have always been told.
If shorter rods are fitted it should essentially lower the compression ratio to 1hd-t spec if not right above depending on piston height difference.
I'm all ears.

I agree the compression sounds high. But using different rods is as simple as using pistons to suit. No-one (apart from hacks) simply drops the piston height to decrease compression as the dead space and loss of mixing are horrendous. Compression is usually dropped with carefully shaped clearance volumes.

Do you have the turbo in hand? Curious what the differences are to a 1HD version.
I'm just as, if not even more curious to know! This is the first time I have bought a turbo without knowing the specs before, I'm taking a punt and assuming Toyota knew what they were doing. After all my dramas, I've decided to pull back on the performance and go for factory type specs, so this is my best bet.

I'm sure as soon as Yan gets his hands on them they'll be on here.

I was wondering how long till someone picked that up... they have a little disclaimer down the bottom on accuracy. I assumend they just put down the 1HZ specs where they didn't have specific info. Unless someone has a contact in Toyota Japan, I imagine the Caetano factory is probably the best source of information for the factory specs.

The 1HD-T and FT in the scheme of things basically has the same turbo.
It would be safe to assume that it would be the stock 1hd-t or FT turbo.

the part numbers of the gaskets, inlets, etc. are the same as early 1hdt, but the turbo sub assembly number is unique. i'm sure it's very similar to 1hdt, but they're should be something unique about it.

not saying you are wrong, just from that pic i wouldn't jump to the conclusion it was a factory HZ-T.
no offense intended.

If Rosco doesn't want to speak up he has zero obligation. He's contributed enough to this forum that he can pick and choose what thread to participate in and which ones to stop participating in all together. A lot of people had doubts and never came forward after the fact and they never had to. So why should Rosco? I'm sorry but his greater number of posts isn't enough.

Calling him out though isn't gonna win you any points on this forum or thread and certainly isn't going get a 500 word apology.

If he comes back, awesome. I enjoy his input. If he doesn't that's his right and he has dozens of other threads on the go that he laying down sticky worthy data.

Hijack over, please continue as I'm really enjoying this thread.

Rosco is a cool kid, I enjoy his posts.
I suspect he probably just unsubscribed from the thread long time ago or, like me, his visits to the new mud are extremely rare.

Toydiy.com
1993 TOYOTA COASTER (HZB50R-ZRMRXW1)
my cars ▼
STD EUR RHD HRF 1HZT TD MTM5 FIVWOC or LHD
17201TURBOCHARGER SUB-ASSY
17201-170201€ 4,215.17
Would like to know why these can show up with 4300cc opposed to 4200cc

Need to search as incomplete vehicles

Some of these buses came with a six-speed manual tranny behind the 1hdt 1997-1999
JPNWTHRF1HDFTTD4MTM6FCBUWOC29S

@Squash any chance you got a part number for that 6 speed manual tranny?
Imagine I could fit one to my 77. Drool.

33110-3J570 6F MT
1997-1999
I hear you on the drool!

i drive a 5 speed like a 3 speed now so unless this tranny had a wicked O/D or an amazing first, there is no appeal to me.
so a search http://www.moranbahweather.com/toyota/70series/lc_70e/ncf/ncf258e/m_08_0366.pdf and it appears to have a double over drive ratio

H260
1st 4.77
2nd 2.79
3rd 1.57
4th 1.00
5th 0.77
6th 0.61
although the double over drive looks appealing, the jump from 4.77 to 2.79 would suck.
2WD buses only so custom adapter to t/case would be needed.
Used cost from Oz $3750.

Japan01/1993-33-01
05/1997-06/1999HDB51-ZCFZW33-01
05/1997-06/1999HDB51-ZEFQW33-01
05/1997-06/1999HDB51-ZRFQWEX, JPN, WT, HRF, 1HDFT, TD4, MTM, 6F, CBU, WOC, 29S

Last edited:
had a look on the parts diagram and it would be a custom job to fit.
I'm content with my H55f anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom