rear body mounts (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought the 5125 bilstein for the front and I was wondering if one normally buys the same for the rear end? Anybody else bought these things?
I know it's obvious but the hi lift jack is truely a magnificent piece of equipment!

How much lift are you running? Could you include part numbers when you figure it out? I'd appreciate it! I've been looking through the bilstein catalog trying to figure out what to use.

Between the shackles and the leaf springs I have a 2.5 or 3 inch lift and I have the Bilstein 5125s on the front. I am making a leap but the lift is the same in the back and the previous four shocks were all the same length, so I am ordering the same for the rear.

Chris, did you cycle your suspension w/o shocks and measure? I think there is more stroke out back...

Guess I was just being lazy. I did that for the front and had hoped that since they used to be one size they would remain the same. I guess, but what if they had always been wrong. Yeah I'm not on that project yet but I will cycle them.
Thanks for keeping me honest.

Just went and redid my high lift. It's performance was embarrassing last outing! Sandblasted and recoated with new paint and got a little rebuild kit as well. Got a little crazy with the paint. I'll post a picture when its totally together.

The whole rescue extraction colors theme!
Only thing I have left to do is put in the replacment pins(2) that the jack rides on and springs, however I don't remember if the angled aspect on the big pins faces up or down.:doh: NO INSTRUCTIONS with the kit. :doh: There is also another pin that slides in to keep the large pins in place- how does the spring seat in relation to that pin? Is it compressed on one side or the other? I guess I will go down to the store and try to look at a new one...Unless someone has done this before.:D

GetAttachment (1).jpg
DSC_8437 as Smart Object-1.jpg

Last time I went wheeling I ran into fuel delivery issues, which ended up causing me to get stuck. So it was suggested to put in a universal electric fuel pump. I am just starting to research it. Anyone have any suggestions with what they have used?

I used to carry the one I got at napa that used to feed the rig before I fixed the fuel delivery problem;). what was the trouble? have you ever replaced any of the pump/filter or blown the lines clear? Oh, BTW, I don't carry the lectric one any more, tho now I prolly should...think about 30-45 bux and some 3/8" fuel hose and clamps, wiring in the tool kit and call it good. I'll look at my jack tomorrow, tho I can tell you it ain't much to look at after seeing yours...

Funny. I spent last night trying to get it to work right, to no avail. I guess I still have to go down and look at a new one. Yea that paint looks killer! After tweeking around with the jack last night it doesn't look as cool- paint still is not rock hard yet. It looked too clean anyway.

Went out for a little mellow wheeling the other day right around town and when I was approaching 3rd gear in 4hi and heard a vibration up front that made it impossible to continue into 3rd. Turns out that last I was out I had bent my front drive shaft. :( So I sent it in and got it back with new universal joints, newly balanced and a fresh coat of paint!:) Turns out that when I was working on the powersteer conversion it had fallen apart and when I put it back together I didn't have the yokes all aligned.:doh: Anyway now no more sounds. Back in business!
DSC00011.JPG

DSC00009.JPG

tuition...btdt

i lurnt it from wachin you, mud. i lurnt if from wachin you...

I am into paying. I am a glutton for punishment as long as I come out better on the other side, which so far has been the case!

Gonna wait til I have the rear shocks they are on back order til mid December. I got some other stuff a buddy made for me that I think will be killer. Can't wait to post, but gonna do it all at the same time.

Still have some tinkering to do with the linkage in my doors. Kinda burned myself out with that project. I am 99% done and can't seem to get the drive up to push it through. Went to look at it today but my buddy was using the driveway. I watched a movie instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom