1962 FJ45 FOR SALE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1962 FJ45 Toyota Land Cruiser $8,000
I bought this car as a project, but have recently been made redundant so the truck has to go
Body very straight, no apparent rust
Body and tray fittings painted Azure blue
Engine starts and runs - 'F' motor
Clutch is playing up, looks like the hydraulic fluid has leaked out
brakes work
Manual locking hubs
has 4-spd gearbox, and 2-spd transfer case
I have a 'Mark's adapters' adapter kit to fit a holden V8 into this truck. it will be included in sale for the right price, or sold separatley
Last registered in south australia approx 2 years ago
Not Registered
No Roadworthy (i had the truck inspected after i bought it and it only needed minor things to pass)

Located in Seymour, Victoria, Australia
upload_2014-8-16_14-19-3.png

Last edited:
Nice rig! GLWS.

How much would these things be worth in the states? I've recently given serious thought to importing Troopy's from Aussie and selling them here in the states after I do all the leg work and get them registered and probably fully painted. I don't think I would do a full resto, just make sure it runs well, paint interior, exterior, frame, and add new tires/rims and a winch. I would obviously have to mark it up to cover the expense of traveling to Australia, shipping them back, paying the DOT fees and getting them registered.

What you are likely to find is that most people on this board would rather have an unmolested truck to paint/modify/restore to their own taste. A good business model in my view would be to find/import some decent rigs, sort out the paperwork for the US, and let the new owners have fun with the rest. There are a few who do this already from OZ, and decent rigs are not always easy to find. You really would have to be embedded over there for some time to be sure that you are not getting ripped off, and can make a decent profit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom