Any interest in TEQ badges for your trucks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bhicks

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Over the last few months I have received quite a few emails from folks with Tacomas, T100's, Toyota Pickups, Tundras, 4runners, etc. asking if I would make the TEQ grille badges for their vehicle. I own a 97 80 series and wanted one for myself so I made one that became very popular and I started making large batches of them. They are made of ABS plastic using one of my 3D printers. I got quite a bit of interest from the FJ40 and FJ55 guys, so I already made a design for them. I am thinking about expanding into other Toyota models, but before I spend a ton of time making a brand new product I need to know if there is any interest. At this point I'm not getting into pricing, shipping, selling, etc. I just need to gauge interest. If the interest is there I will start work on a prototype. What I would need is a loaner grille from the different year Toyota trucks. Who ever shipped me their grille would get a free and installed perfected prototype when I shipped their grille back. I would need it for 1-2 weeks max. I'm in Socal near Big Bear so maybe a local who has a grille could meet me so we don't have to deal with shipping. I am not asking anyone to commit to buying anything. This is simply to gauge interest. Also, I have been making cup holders for the 80 series. If there is another Toyota model that is lacking in the cupholder department and could use a single or double cup holder; then please let me know. Again, if I can get that center console for a 1-2 weeks then I would return it with a free cupholder. Here's some pics of what I have already done.

[/URL]

Last edited:
If you guys see a certain style you like then let me know. If I see a lot of interest in a specific style like (shape, color combo, textured "honeycomb" background vs flat background) then I can incorporate those desires into the design.

Not yet. I have had quite a few Tundra guys ask about these, but I need a loaner grille for about a week to take measurements from. If you were willing to ship me JUST the emblem I could pull 90% of the dimensions from that. Then I would only need a Tundra grille for a day or two. Actually.... my neighbor has a 2006 Tundra. Is that the same body style? I could probably pull the final measurements from his grille if they are the same grille.

Last edited:
From what I can tell using an online EPC,
The '00-'02 Tundra's part number for the 3 oval grille emblem is: 75311-0C010

'03-'06 Tundra's use: 75311-0C020

I know for a fact that the grilles were completely redesigned for '03+...
If you are looking to make badges that fit over the "ribs" of the grille, instead of replacing the center emblem, then yeah, the ribs are also completely different between '00-'02 and '03+...

Would you need the WHOLE grille, or just the center section where the emblem mounts into?
I have my old 2000 Tundra grille that is basically junk...I could cut the center section out to save on shipping, and send it for cost of shipping, and you wouldnt have to send it back...just throw it in your weekly plastics recycle bin... :)

From what I can tell using an online EPC,
The '00-'02 Tundra's part number for the 3 oval grille emblem is: 75311-0C010

'03-'06 Tundra's use: 75311-0C020

I know for a fact that the grilles were completely redesigned for '03+...
If you are looking to make badges that fit over the "ribs" of the grille, instead of replacing the center emblem, then yeah, the ribs are also completely different between '00-'02 and '03+...

Would you need the WHOLE grille, or just the center section where the emblem mounts into?
I have my old 2000 Tundra grille that is basically junk...I could cut the center section out to save on shipping, and send it for cost of shipping, and you wouldnt have to send it back...just throw it in your weekly plastics recycle bin... :)

I will be making a TEQ badge that would replace the "sombrero" toyota logo. I don't plan on having the badge go outside of that area. All I would need is the center section (including the "sombrero") of the grille. That would be awesome if you could cut that out and ship it. Shoot me a PM (start a conversation) with your paypal info and I will send you the cost of shipping. So all I would need now is the 03-06 grille and I can offer both TEQ badges. if someone has just the sombrero off their 03-06 grille I can at least get most of the dimensions from that. I will even toss in the protoype when finished for free if they cover shipping.

I will head over today and see if my neighbor will let me use his "sombrero" for a week. I have to tippie toe on this one. He is WAY anal about his truck and may not want his emblem off. If that approach goes south, I may need to borrow another members Tundra "sombrero". I should be able to get final dimensions off his truck since I wont need to remove it.

I may be interested in one for both a 93 and 06 4Runner.

Can you snap a pic of those grilles for me and post here. that will allow me to look for the right ones when I head to the pick-a-part this weekend. Maybe I will get lucky and find all the needed grilles there.

Last edited:
Sorry life got busy for me the past few days...I'll take a look at my grille on Sunday, and PM you then, if you still want me to send you the small center section, with the "socket" for the sombrero...I had to pull and reuse the sombrero in my replacement grille, but I might be able to send you that too...

Yes I can. I will do it today, for both the 93 and 06 4Runners.

Here are a few pictures of the grille's for the 93 and 06 4Runners. The first picture is of the 06 the other two are of the 93. The pictures of the 93 are not very good, because of the bumper.

1411955735574.jpg

1411955781478.jpg

1411955808288.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the grille's for the 93 and 06 4Runners. The first picture is of the 06 the other two are of the 93. The pictures of the 93 are not very good, because of the bumper.

Thanks for the pics. I did find some of the needed grilles but they didn't make it home. The pic-a-part wanted $120 for each grille. I was gonna be dropping over $700 to get these grilles. I was thinking they were going to be in the $20-30 range. Apparently the pick-a-part approach isn't going to work, so once again I'm in the hunt for some loaner grilles (1-2 weeks) to get these projects off the ground. Any people who are willing to ship me their grille will get a free prototype installed and shipped back to their front door. If that doesn't work then I will go with the ebay "repops" that are in that $50 range. They aren't OEM but are exact molded copies of the OEM grilles. At least that way I will own the grille and can use it for test fitting and future product design.

Last edited:
I finally got the Tundra badge prototyped and am about done with the 91-95 pickup/4Runner grille badge design. I hope to have that mocked up by this weekend. I will be doing test fitting on the Tundra TEQ badge and some pics this afternoon.

Here's the Tundra Badge. It's REALLY close to a perfect fit, but needs a few tweaks. I will get the final changes taken care of this weekend and get another prototype made. I hope to have this up on my website within a week or two.

Really? That is awesome!! is the grille behind the factory "sombrero" flat like on an 80? The reason I ask; I want to know if the adhesive was able to grab onto the grille or did you just use the 3 tabs for attachment only? Also, did the 3 tabs even line up with your grille? That would be awesome if the adhesive grabbed AND the factory tabs lined up. If that is the case; PLEASE post that info over in the 100 series forum. Those guys have been driving me nuts wanting a badge made for them. They are on the list, but I just haven't gotten to that model yet. I just got the FJ badge done, the 92-95 4Runner/Pickup badge done and am in the middle of the early 80's pickup badge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom