Have you calculated the repair/parts cost per km or mile for your bj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I use my 60 as a service vehicle. I have never calculated what the actual cost is per km but would like to know, so I can be compensated for it accordingly. I should have replaced this vehicle with something more suitable not because it is not reliable, or fuel thrifty which it is, but more for a company image issues.

Would eventually like to buy a used Dodge Caravan and put the company logo/addd on it or...just drop these ideas all together and work for a company...in a different industry. My job as a Telecom/PC/POS subcontractor is up and down. One day or week could be busy making a living, next it could be one half day or nothing at all.

Probably not relevant to you but I recently worked it out for my HJ61, It came to NZ 55cents per Km.
About half of that is fuel cost the rest is tax and routine maintenance.
Not included is insurance, registration, and Warrant of fitness, which adds up to about NZD$1300 per year!
When I use my cruiser for work I get paid 80cents per Km, and they pay for the fuel.

Had a BJ60 for about ten years in Alberta and BC and kept extensive records.
Total costs including purchase price, insurance, fuel, parts, repairs, etc = 20.1 cents per KM
Simply operational costs without including the costs of the vehicle itself = 8.6 cents per KM.
Mind you, this was some years ago before fuel costs skyrocketed. Sold that vehicle in 2000.

Let me add that last year's simple operating costs for my BJ70 = 11.6 cents per KM.
Fuel accounted for 84% of that operational cost.

= I should have replaced this vehicle with something more suitable not because it is not reliable, or fuel thrifty which it is, but more for a company image issues.

Would eventually like to buy a used Dodge Caravan

So a Crapavan is a better image than an iconic Land Cruiser...is yours rusted out and junky or something?

Essar5, its a room issue and a hight issue. Some underground garages will not accomidate my truck. A caravan is far more comfortable then my 60. LAstly, telecom techs seems to like them and are often seen on the road owned by Telus. I put 25k one year and it has taken me from vancouver to all over bc.

Yes, its a image thing if you ever work in business, you would understand.

yes, and a image issue. Last thing I want to do is drive my rough looking 60 to some high end client!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom