Builds New (to me) 92 and build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hate to say it, but that's about average for all the 3FE 80s. I was happy to hit 13 driving across Texas, where it was almost completely flat.

Great lol. I wonder how much a turbo would help.

My trip was Houston > San Antonio > back to Houston for reference.

Forgot to add yhe prior weekend's trip yowing the Rzr to a local offroad park. Ab 90 miles round trip with 1800 ish pounds in tow. No sweat just a little sluggish. With the ac on power sucked but with the ac off wasnt too noticeable.

20140712_191200.jpg

Thanks for the info. Wish I would have known you were in San Antonio. I'd have like to have met you and seen your rig. Regardless, I just got a CEL the other day and it is "28", which is the #2 O2 Sensor. I pulled it out yesterday, tried to clean it and blow it out, but didn't solve the problem. Guess I get to buy a new sensor. I think I'll replace both while I'm in there.

M32H32is...are you getting codes 21 and 28 for the O2 sensors?

Yep, code 21/28.

I got o2 sensors off Rockauto @ $110 or so for the pair.

I was actually in New Braunfels, used San Antonio as a reference point so out of staters would know the general geography & topography.

PM me your number, I lost it.

Yep, code 21/28.

I got o2 sensors off Rockauto @ $110 or so for the pair.

I'm debating whether to go with OEM or the aftermarket sensors? Big difference in $$$

I'm debating whether to go with OEM or the aftermarket sensors? Big difference in $$$

Well, according to CDAN, seems that OEM has been discontinued. I ordered the Denso units from RockAuto as well. Hope they work!

I have not changed my 3fe oxygen sensors yet because I haven't had an issue.

I did order the Denso brand sensors for my 2001 LC and for my brothers 2005 LX and they were all plug and play and solved my cel codes.

To the OP, I think it is awesome you drove that 3fe from Houston to New Braunfels and back. I have put about 7500 miles on mine in the last year that I have owned it, but never 400 in a row! I have no doubt it would do it but it just seems like a monumental task to drive a tractor that far! :beer:

I have not changed my 3fe oxygen sensors yet because I haven't had an issue.

I did order the Denso brand sensors for my 2001 LC and for my brothers 2005 LX and they were all plug and play and solved my cel codes.

To the OP, I think it is awesome you drove that 3fe from Houston to New Braunfels and back. I have put about 7500 miles on mine in the last year that I have owned it, but never 400 in a row! I have no doubt it would do it but it just seems like a monumental task to drive a tractor that far! :beer:

I regularly drive mine 200+ miles each way to a friend's ranch without issue. There is always a little trepidation until I get going and realize that the old girl will hold together. I put on about 7K miles in the last year also, and much has been highway miles.

I drove mine 1800 miles from Atlanta to Phoenix. After the first day, I stopped worrying.

Got off work today a bit early, and had some time to work on the 80. Dad & I jumped the ECU and got code 22 this time. No other codes?!?

Anyway, Advance Autoparts had the engine coolant temperature sensor in stock. Purchased it & headed home to install, which was a breeze. Used a 19mm socket after breaking the plastic end off. It came right out with a bit of green Cruiser blood (coolant).

If you need to change this sensor, unplug the 2 xonnections nearest and break off the plastic plug to remove the old one easily. Also helps having a stubby ratchet w swivel end.

New sensor in olace & a couple mins later?

No CEL and the engine purrs like a kitty. Idle is silky smooth, though still a little high.

20140725_193446.jpg

Proceeded to add the Hella horns that I purchased in march. 20 min job after you realize they need to be ground.

20140725_204459.jpg

Family had a beach house down on Galveston island this week so I saddled up the cruiser, loaded the kayaks and headed down.

Took a couple poser shots cruising the beach.

20140728_090539.jpg

20140728_093110.jpg

Well,

Last weekend my Cruiser decided to lose brake pedal. Of course it had to happen as I was towing my Rzr in Houston traffic.

Being a mudder, I did what any OCD owner would do: promptly order a booster, master cyl & a pair of reman calipers for the front.

Typically when you start filling up shopping carts online you don't stop right? Well I ended up with everything on my wish list besides sliders and a rear bumper.

Now to find time for install...

Brake refresh part III:

New master & finished replacing soft lines. Bleed & bleed & bleed.

End result? Truck stops better than ever.

Also got the fog light housing & light that I was missing installed.

Wife was in a terrible mood, so I spent the day outside monstalining my mirrors!

image.jpg

How do you like the Hella horns? I hate the stock horns. Which model Hella are you using?

They're the sharp tone I believe, the yellow ones. DEF loud!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom