CDN BJ70 to BJ75 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am posting this on behalf of my Pap. He has a 1986 Canadian bj70 with severe rust issues in the back quarter of the vehicle. Instead of having it restored as a SUV, we considered turning it into a BJ75 pick up. What we would like to know is, are there any sources that list the dimensions of the bj75 cab? For cutting purposes. I found a box on Kijiji for a reasonable price http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.html?adId=1005564715&image=2&enableSearchNavigationFlag=true We also have acquired a new frame for the swap. I just need a guide to reference for the actual procedure. I will post pictures tomorrow when I go to the shop.

That's a nice tub you found for sale are you going to do an extra cab ute

I plan on using a rear window panel with the wiper for the back of the cab from a free bj60 I got in Toronto a few weeks ago, I am amazed by what I find on Kijiji.

That is a sweet build that guy did are you going to cut down that tub or have a full size ute with the different chassis you have

Yeah, we have to cut down the tub and minimize the amount of rust we have to repair. Cannot afford to do a perfect restoration, it has seen too many winters unfortunately.

Thanks for the info. I will post an update on the actual pricing of their stock.

My dad has a bj70 frame. But, right now I am in the midst of a crisis, I tried to get a carb rebuild kit for my fj40, ordered the first one from Radd Cruisers specified that it was a single barrel got a 2 barrel sent that I am stuck with. Got sweet talked on the phone by Wayne at 4 wheel auto (meaning he could get one from a limited supplier) paid for ANOTHER double barrel kit...Right now my mechanic is not too happy with keeping the truck at his shop and wants me to either get it out of there or try one more time with a different vendor. It is more than a walk in the park to return these kits to each of these vendors, I thought people should know about this if they try to do the same. If anyone has any advice on where to get a single 1f rebuild kit for my carb or a better alternative, I am all ears.

Good news: Got a rebuild kit from Sonny at Fjparts in Cali. Should be up in Canada by the end of next week. This is the kit and my carb for my 1969 fj40.

att922d0.gif

IMG_1059.JPG

What we would like to know is, are there any sources that list the dimensions of the bj75 cab? For cutting purposes. I found a box on Kijiji for a reasonable price.
The factory Body and Chassis Manual for the 7* series has this info with diagonal measurements as well. Well worth the $50-100 on ebay.
Or someone may have a link to a free download.

An update on my Dad's build: We are going to go pick up the box in Sudbury, the one listed on Kijiji, the price seems reasonable, at this time I cannot disclose what was actually paid for the box. My dad is having the new frame (Bj70) cleaned up prior to the chop and swap.
Finally, I have found a good layout of the dimensions for the frame and body (So we can plan out where to make the cut). Below are pictures of the schematics. I will post pics when I get a chance to go down to the shop.

Merry Christmas everyone and stay safe!

75pickup.JPG

bj75 frame dimensons.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom