The welders thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's a hell of nice looking bumper dude excellent work. A laser cutter would be so easy.. but $$$
How long you been burn steel?

I like the skins behind the uh er wings.

I was thinking about adding something like that to mine actually. Very nice, wish I could lay beads like that.

Okay so I cheated a little...

null_zps59958cb6.jpg

1002400_10152954652855523_1425618879_n.jpg

Only picture I can find of mine from behind. Very similar to yours!
v5ZEtYh.jpg

IMG_0836_zps6ee0dad9.jpg

Last edited:
I like the skins behind the uh er wings.

I was thinking about adding something like that to mine actually. Very nice, wish I could lay beads like that.

Okay so I cheated a little...

null_zps59958cb6.jpg

1002400_10152954652855523_1425618879_n.jpg

Only picture I can find of mine from behind. Very similar to yours!
v5ZEtYh.jpg

IMG_0836_zps6ee0dad9.jpg
That's slicker than a sketers peter... always wanted to say that but some how never have until now :hillbilly:
Do have a plasma table? Nice design on the bumper man looks great.

Yeah it's my buddies, hah, used to work for him part time. Before I left I had him cut me out bumper parts hah.

Millermatic P350
Miller Syncrowave DX250 with cooler
Miller Bobcat 225
Miller Thunderbolt
Miller LMSW 52 spot welder
Lincoln 120
Hypertherm 1250 w/ CNC plasma table

Nice man. Your 40x80 shop is it steel? Where did you get it from? Im looking to buy one asap.

Nice man. Your 40x80 shop is it steel? Where did you get it from? Im looking to buy one asap.

UD,
Thanks, its a Mueller steel building. I purchased it out of El Paso Tx. I believe they have other locations in Texan as well.
I researched other steel buildings and Mueller is not a "middle man". They where very helpful though out the entire process.

Some personal projects I have built for my self.
The 40's front bumper is a pressure tank that holds 3 gallons feed by the Warn power plant. It provides air to the ARB lockers and tires.
The hell hounds are looking out the window gate.
The GMC's rear bumper/tire carrier set up. The spare tire lowers to the ground by releasing a pin.

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

20140724_183249.jpg

20140724_183307.jpg

Now your just showing off :). Very nice work and set up. I'm in the very beginning stages of this endeavor, and I'm already overwhelmed. The thought and effort on your part is commendable.

I started way back in high school, six days after graduating (1981) I found myself in the US Navy welding on nuke submarines after "A" school. Doing the math, I've been bending,heating and playing with metal for 33+ years. I commend you sir on your new endeavor and learning a new skill. A skill that can and will supplement your current lifestyle.

Thanks for the kind words

Hi all,

I first learned ox-acetylene welding in 1981, but then never used the skill after leaving high school.

Got an old, used Lincoln "tombstone" AC 230V stick welder a few years ago, farted around a bit with it doing simple projects.

Last year bought a factory reconditioned Hobart Handler 190 MIG that I have added an argon/CO2 bottle. Been practicing off and on, working on improving my beads. Have some winter projects saved up. :)

Regards,

Alan

Hi all,

I first learned ox-acetylene welding in 1981, but then never used the skill after leaving high school.

Got an old, used Lincoln "tombstone" AC 230V stick welder a few years ago, farted around a bit with it doing simple projects.

Last year bought a factory reconditioned Hobart Handler 190 MIG that I have added an argon/CO2 bottle. Been practicing off and on, working on improving my beads. Have some winter projects saved up. :)

Regards,

Alan
How do you like the Hobart 190?

Nice work sir. My background is in carpentry metal work is so much more enjoyable. I've always had an appreciation for metal fabricators. Its an art form truly. Keep it coming guys. :beer:

I've got a MillerMatic 175 MIG which has served me well, but my skills are getting to the point that I am finding the limits of what the welder is able to do. Most of what I am doing is 1/4" and the welder needs to be cranked to the max. The arc isn't as nice and stable as when its at the lower settings. I am thinking about either getting an Everlast AC/DC TIG/Stick machine or selling the miller and getting a ThermalArc 252i multi process TIG/MIG/Stick machine. My only issue with the ThermalArc is that ti does not have AC. But as I understand it you can still weld aluminum with DC, using helium and reversing the polarity.

I've got a MillerMatic 175 MIG which has served me well, but my skills are getting to the point that I am finding the limits of what the welder is able to do. Most of what I am doing is 1/4" and the welder needs to be cranked to the max. The arc isn't as nice and stable as when its at the lower settings. I am thinking about either getting an Everlast AC/DC TIG/Stick machine or selling the miller and getting a ThermalArc 252i multi process TIG/MIG/Stick machine. My only issue with the ThermalArc is that ti does not have AC. But as I understand it you can still weld aluminum with DC, using helium and reversing the polarity.
Ya I've been eye balling the Thermal machines for a while now. I would like to have a multi process machine as well. Can you tig weld as well?

Can you tig weld as well?

No, but I Want to learn the process. I want to weld Stainless for my brewing stuff, but need a TIG setup to be able to do it 'sanitary'. I guess MIG isn't good enough for that. But the TIG process fascinates me.

No, but I Want to learn the process. I want to weld Stainless for my brewing stuff, but need a TIG setup to be able to do it 'sanitary'. I guess MIG isn't good enough for that. But the TIG process fascinates me.
Ya I need to learn tig as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom