catskinners 72 fj45 past patina (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
gday all I was going to tag this onto my army worktruck thread but this project will surpass that hopefully.
I have this 1972 fj45 that I bought from a 92yrold bullockys estate I think is past the patina stage and needs a tidy up
plan is a swap the f145 and 4 speed for 2h motor out of the army hj47 and a hj75 5speed with a hj75 rear end and disc brakes on the front all of which I have stored in the shed.
she also needs a coat of paint It was originally beige but the old guy tidied up her up with brush and tin of white enamel, bit ruff but he was in his 80s when he did that I guess. I always wanted a pumpkin orange fj45 style side (the tub I have surplus aswell) since a farmer had one when I was a kid so here we go im thinkin
74 fj.jpg

74fj1.jpg 72fj2.jpg

That's a good ute mate just needs some TLC your little mate in the photo was poking his tongue out at you

her name is fox and she is a funny little thing
anybody know what is fancy about the hood (bonnet way down here) I reckon it is from a early pre 1965 fj45 fixed hard top as there is no holes or bails for windshield holddown hooks, could be the long lost mate of that 1962 cab floatin about down the qld nsw border way.

look at that at least 30yrs of rego stickers will be hard on the heart to scrape them off should I really?

72fjhood.jpg 72fjhood2.jpg regostickers1.jpg regostickers2.jpg

Looks like the old boy was past the tidy up stage. That glove box is stuffed.

Like your plans, good luck

Glad to see it's still got the hood ornament

Nice truck cat! The split hood [with spear] is pre-'70 stuff and as such is pretty rare. Someone must have swapped it onto yours. Let me know if I can take it off your hands.

Have you ever tried to source windscreen wiper refills for her?

Oh and I'm trying to source a set of hubcap ready rims..

The split hood [with spear] is pre-'70 stuff and as such is pretty rare.

Looks like a fixed-top SWB bonnet, or one off of an LV as there are no hooks or bumpers for the windscreen. Worthwhile seeing if anyone in OZ is in need of this rare piece, and getting a standard one for your year/model. Cruiser Karma.

:cheers:

Steve

Cult The early landcruiser where that split hood came from maybe the same as your dash cut?
How many rims do you need cult and what condition. wipers blades no i havnt? Are they nla?

Cyclosteve cruiser karma? Haha by the grace of early cruiser for me
If some one were to entertain me with an acceptable offer of 1963 trinkets i may trade it

Perhaps, though one of them would have to have been painted as my dash cut is green. As for rims I'm looking for one piece rims x 5, I believe they come in a 15" and a 16".

Wiper blades/refills for the earlies are definitely NLA unless you shop in in the US of A. I'm about to chat to a kombi guy here in Brisbane as they have the same arrangement of the blade pressed around the refill. Will let you know.

pretty certain that bonnet from the 62 - 64 generation fj45. nice old toyota catskinner. what do you need 63 trinkets for?

Cult they may be hard to find around our part of qld i have only ever seen 12 of those one piece 16"rims, i have 5 good ones and 2 are jiggered and the other 5 are on a one owner 68 rag top shorty. An old fella told me he had a early shorty that had 7.00 15 tires on it so they are out there aswell if you can nose them out
West aussie may be able to help you i notice on gumtree there have been a few early wrecks with one peice rims over there

12?? That's great, I only need 5 :D

Cult i forgot to mention my ones are not for sale or evan swaps but if i find more ill let you know

Haha I know mate. I wouldn't want to take something off a bloke who didn't want it to be tooken :beer:

well look at that over a month since i made a start on the old girl. i havent made much progress, moved in the shed f motor and 4 speed out, roof and turret off and cleaning the chassis. also went poking around a kind gentleman's farm and grabbed some bits including the full floater diff from my old army hj47 be like old times :)
the starter motor had me startled, guess i have a trinket my 63 fj45 i shall christen project "roofless wonder" as it has no roof but most other things still there
phpozvKSVAM.jpg

phpBCvyIEAM.jpg php2uCIXfAM.jpg phpPdzI58AM.jpg

almost forgot the starter motor this is the one that was on her, the old codger must have had a early landcruiser for spares. check out the fan belt cult something to hang on the shed wall
phpX0RMLwAM.jpg phpfCKIPxAM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom