cloth 100 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Awesome purchase! Super clean and love the cloth seats

Is it just me? I found that the cloth seat to be more comfortable, and it seems to "hug" better and softer than leather seat. Just shampoo it real nice and shop vac it, let is dry and it will looks and feels like new.

I drove this one back to back with an 02 they also had, that had the usual 100 features, leather, sunroof etc. The seats did feel quite a bit different like maybe the design of the foam is cut different underneath..Could have been my imagination though.

Nice. I'm going to see about ordering the plain plastic pieces in lieu of the wood trim pieces, which look like crap on my truck.

I drove this one back to back with an 02 they also had, that had the usual 100 features, leather, sunroof etc. The seats did feel quite a bit different like maybe the design of the foam is cut different underneath..Could have been my imagination though.

I've ridden in several cloth seat 100's in various 3rd world countries and found the seats to be less comfortable/supportive than the (leather) seats in my own truck, independent of any preference for one fabric or the other. I've always assumed there had to be other differences below the surface in the "poverty package" trucks. Maybe seat construction/support is one of those.

I had cloth seats in my 80. Dog hair MAGNETS! But they did seem to fit narrower. I like the leather ones better, but it's all just personal preference.

Here's my 98 v8 LC100 with manual trans. and leather seats. However, here we did get several packages and different types of clothes: poverty package, not so poor package, and that entailed several options other than the seats. For instance, mine didn't come originally with wooden touches, but came with a winch, sunroof, and a rear diff lock and leather. Newer versions came with all the wooden touches all over.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411282132.655191.jpg

My experience with cloth in my 100 is what others have stated above. The US market cloth felt better and was more comfortable than the leather 100s I owned. the cloth also would not age, even after having kids climbing all over them they would clean up and look new.

Wow - that's a lot of rust for 2006. My 98 didn't have any body rust (minus a tiny spot on the inside of the lower tailgate) and it saw massive amounts of salt every winter.

Mine work is rough though with driving through corrosive water every day. I wouldn't buy a mine truck unless is was darn near free. Even the engines corrode away!

On the floor mats, look into the Weather Tech floor liners... Best I've ever used and the only ones I buy for our vehicles now. They are totally worth the price if you get out and play, have snow, drive in mud, have kids etc.

Nice. I'm going to see about ordering the plain plastic pieces in lieu of the wood trim pieces, which look like crap on my truck.
I think the wood on these just sticks on to the plastic underneath, I may be wrong but it may just require pulling it off and cleaning the residue? Every other 100 I looked at had that same issue.

On the floor mats, look into the Weather Tech floor liners... Best I've ever used and the only ones I buy for our vehicles now. They are totally worth the price if you get out and play, have snow, drive in mud, have kids etc.
I think that's what I'm going to end up with! Also may get some quality seat covers for piece of mind to use seasonally and occasionally camping, exploring, skiing and any other activity that there may be the potential for dirt and mud..

Here's my 98 v8 LC100 with manual trans. and leather seats. However, here we did get several packages and different types of clothes: poverty package, not so poor package, and that entailed several options other than the seats. For instance, mine didn't come originally with wooden touches, but came with a winch, sunroof, and a rear diff lock and leather. Newer versions came with all the wooden touches all over.

View attachment 944630
I wish we got more configurations in the states! I think a vast majority of people here wouldn't understand paying $50-60k (at least when new and even $65-78k for the 200 when new) for a vehicle without all the options... Hell, I'd be willing to pay extra for one without integrated navigation and all the other add ons that make it harder to upgrade and become obsolete after a while..

@chrisratz all you need is a heat gun, some dental floss, and a bottle of rubbing alcohol and some towels. Just heat the wood trim (try not to keep the gun in the same place for too long) and after you've sufficiently heated an area try sliding the dental floss under it pulling back and forth. It will cut right through the adhesive and you can remove all the trim pieces. After that just clean all the residue off with some rubbing alcohol and maybe go over it with an interior cleaning cloth and it will look great.

@MattThompson -way to pull the trigger when you see something you like. I think that was a great find and it looks very clean.

@chrisratz - I didn't use a heat gun. I just waited for a 100* Texas day, turned on the heater as high as it would go with the windows up. Waited about 10-15 minutes and the wood peeled right off and did not leave any residue.

Very nice & unique find. I spent some money & even more time de-wooding my interior & sourcing front mud flaps/pulling running boards. If I could just find a non-leather wrapped steering wheel I would be satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom