Rear side lift up windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I want a set of lift up rear side windows for my 80 series. The only ones I can find are more then I want to spend. They are very very nice but more then I need. I found a guy that claims he can make me a set but if I want glass the cost increases by folds. I dont mind the solid panel look and I dont feel I use them much at all for visibility. What are the other down sides Im missing?

Other than it looking odd without the window I don't see a downside if it isn't used for visibility. Would the hinges and latches all be flush with the outside of the vehicle?

If I did solid panel I would paint the panel to match the windows tint color so it didn't invite onlookers. I see no problem with solid panel in the rear area. I can't think of the last time I turned to make sure I looked out them.

Wagongear designed but expensive .....using factory glass. Couldn't you buy the factory glass for your design?

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/80-series-flip-windows-just-to-prove-that-they-do-exist.729292/

FlipUpWindow-1.jpg

I should have read Kevin's post.... Toyota glass $140.00 needs to be tempered glass to drill mounting holes

Wagongears windows are top notch and very well executed but the price point is more then Im willing to spend. The cost goes much higher when you add in glass option. Like others I dont use rear windows when I drive. What I planned behind the panels will keep me from using them so glass is getting less important thanks to your guys input. Given the cost Im leaning more to solid panel.

Wagongears windows are top notch and very well executed but the price point is more then Im willing to spend. The cost goes much higher when you add in glass option. Like others I dont use rear windows when I drive. What I planned behind the panels will keep me from using them so glass is getting less important thanks to your guys input. Given the cost Im leaning more to solid panel.

Glass or not, I'd love to get rid of my rear sliders. :cheers:

If you're wondering what an 80 looks like with the rear windows deleted, here's an idea. Theft is a big problem where i live, so before painting and body work, we welded in 18ga sheet metal and reinforced it from behind in an "x" pattern. Kept the rear air vents in place so it would look less awkward.

I love the look and like someone said, I can't imagine these windows being gone doing anything to affect visibility. I personally don't notice.

DSC_2345.jpg
DSC_2351.jpg

If you're wondering what an 80 looks like with the rear windows deleted, here's an idea. Theft is a big problem where i live, so before painting and body work, we welded in 18ga sheet metal and reinforced it from behind in an "x" pattern. Kept the rear air vents in place so it would look less awkward.

I love the look and like someone said, I can't imagine these windows being gone doing anything to affect visibility. I personally don't notice.

View attachment 944314 View attachment 944315
Doesn't look bad at all. Do you have a profile shot a little further back?

Yep, that must be for the water tank.

Sorry for posting the wrong part without hinges, saw that closed windows and got mislead.

Yep, that must be for the water tank.

Sorry for posting the wrong part without hinges, saw that closed windows and got mislead.

Please post up any hinged windows if they are available on your side of the pond

The bottom picture is from Leer they make Caps for pickups....not that it would fit but could possibly be copied for design....could be where Kevin at Wagongear got his inspiration... Might give them a call..

PickupCapWindows_zpsdf6c3a86.jpg

fiberglasssidedoor.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom