Master/Clutch Cylinders need rebuild or bleeding? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cc93cruiser

CRUZAHEAD
Threads
Finally drove the 40 for a nice little distance (50 miles round trip) and noticed that the clutch pedal was acting a little funny. There were times were I pressed in clutch to shift gear and the pedal went straight to floor and I couldn't get out of current gear. I would immediately let go of clutch and press down again and finally felt it build up pressure and I was able to shift again.. This happened maybe 5 times throughout my drive.
Got home and thought I would find brake fluid all under the cruiser by the slave cylinder, but nothing.. Only thing I seen was that there was a thin layer of fluid on the master cylinder reservoir caps and I believe the clutch cylinder cap too.. My question is do I need to replace these parts or do they simply need to be bleed of all air? Or which needs replacing 1 or all ?

Out of curiosity are you still stock power plant or have you gone to a V-8?

Stock F

Check everywhere for leaks. If there are none it is most likely your master cylinder. You can get a rebuild kit for them but in my opinion they never last. New master cylinders can be easily found and ordered for relatively cheap. Your brakes are for your safety. That is what makes the choice easy for me. Make sure to check all lines and cylinders at all 4 corners.

:beer:

why not just bleed it and answer your own question

Yes it doesn't cost anything to bleed it however I have never seen a working system just suck in air for no reason. You are more than likely going to have to replace something. My guess is the clutch master has rolled a seal. Replace it.

Sorry I read wrong… The clutch and not Brakes. My bad. Still cheap for new set up.

F it... Replacing all. Brake master cylinder, Clutch cylinder and slave cylinder... Might as well throw some new brake lines too (look kinda frayed)..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom