Breakfasts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hate pears... My wife buys them...

Peal the pears (4-5)

Slice and put at bottom of a 2"deep casserole dish that has been buttered

In bowl beat 5 eggs, cup of milk, 1/2-1 cup flour (we do gluten free) and to your taste vanilla, sugar (brown) and cinnamon

Top it off with some maple syrup

I always wing it some ... It makes the kids and myself tolerate pears lol

It is quite good... Puffs up ... Some call it a puff pancake... It's like a desert in the morning :)

I'd rather have chocolate chip pancakes however :)

Here's more of a campfire meal breakfast...

Had no eggs... Sooooo

Toasted bread
In a pan placed sliced apple pealed with a little water on bottom... Sprinkle cinnamon nutmeg and ginger ... Sprinkle on top of that some brown sugar

Let cook while you make toast and prepare other stuff... It should soften up in a few minutes

Place on toast with some of the water mixture from pan...

The kids love it with some sausage :)

If you put some unpeeled apples with it... It looks healthier :)

image.jpg
image.jpg

Slow-cooked cranberry beans & a little bean broth
+ Cumin & sea salt
+ Roasted orange, yellow and poblano peppers
+ Arugula
+ Goat Monterey Jack
+ Poached egg
+ Minced smoked habanero
+ Smoked paprika
= Breakfast yum today

Breakfast Bowl.jpg

Quick 'n dirty leftovers "burrito" this morning made with cheese grits, shrimp, breakfast sausage and heavy doses of chipotle & regular hot sauces.

image.jpg

image.jpg

This morning's breakfast was a mushroom & spinach omelette.

Shiitake mushroom caps, onions and spinach cooked in tuscan herb-infused olive oil with a pinch of smoked salt...

image.jpg

With a sprinkle of parmesan cheese...

image.jpg

Two eggs + one white...

image.jpg

Fillings & shredded smoked Gouda...

image.jpg

Served with a blueberry/strawberry/banana/greek yogurt smoothie.

image.jpg

This morning's breakfast...

Stone ground grits, seasoned with garlic, chipotle chile powder, cumin, smoked & kosher salt, ground pepper, garlic.

Smoked cheddar, marble cheddar, chipotle & jalapeño hot sauces were stirred in at the end.

Meanwhile, (pre-packaged) chicken & sage breakfast links were skilleted in bacon grease.

Garnished with more cheese & green onions.

image.jpg

Despite all of the smokey ingredients, they were metered out carefully so as not to overpower the other flavors.

This would make a superb trail breakfast!

dam Cam...2 capps into the morning and headed to the kitchen to fab up some vittles for breakfast...but if you were next door I'd poach some of your's :D

Hungry and at work. Crap.
Wish I had not looked.

This morning's breakfast...

Stone ground grits, seasoned with garlic, chipotle chile powder, cumin, smoked & kosher salt, ground pepper, garlic.

Smoked cheddar, marble cheddar, chipotle & jalapeño hot sauces were stirred in at the end.

Meanwhile, (pre-packaged) chicken & sage breakfast links were skilleted in bacon grease.

Garnished with more cheese & green onions.

View attachment 963371

Despite all of the smokey ingredients, they were metered out carefully so as not to overpower the other flavors.

This would make a superb trail breakfast!

YEPPER!! inspired me to start my smoked pork green chili for later today...

J

The grits were tasty enough to stand alone, but when paired with a bite of sausage and a some green onion... damn. :smokin:

I had to postpone brushing my teeth because I didn't want it to end.

dam Cam...2 capps into the morning and headed to the kitchen to fab up some vittles for breakfast...but if you were next door I'd poach some of your's :D

I'm sure I we could have worked out a trade!

Hungry and at work. Crap.
Wish I had not looked.

You should lug one of your stoves down to the cafeteria and show 'em how it's done :grinpimp:

The grits were tasty enough to stand alone, but when paired with a bite of sausage and a some green onion... damn. :smokin:

You should lug one of your stoves down to the cafeteria and show 'em how it's done :grinpimp:

Don't give him any ideas :D That would make a good basis for an SNL skit :D

Has anybody mentioned fried oatmeal yet? My step mother use to make it. Think fried polenta; cook oatmeal, spread it in a shallow pan, cool overnight in the fridge. Cut into squares and fry until crispy and golden (SMom used bacon fat). Serve with copious quantities of maple syrup and butter.

Hey it's got oatmeal, that has to be healthy right?

Has anybody mentioned fried oatmeal yet? My step mother use to make it. Think fried polenta; cook oatmeal, spread it in a shallow pan, cool overnight in the fridge. Cut into squares and fry until crispy and golden (SMom used bacon fat). Serve with copious quantities of maple syrup and butter.

Hey it's got oatmeal, that has to be healthy right?

I may have to try that!

We made some killer cinnamon rolls this morning and they were super easy.

I took a cardboard tube can thingy of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, and unrolled them on a big sheet. Then I applied one coat of melted butter, one coat sugar, a coat of cinnamon, a coat of brown sugar, and then rolled it back up and sliced into rolls.

I put them in a buttered pan, drizzled on more butter, and gave a dusting of the sugars and cinnamon, then baked until there was a good mixture of crispy and gooey rolls.

Damn they were good. I give it a five insulins rating. They were served as a dessert to scrambled eggs and sausage.

Unfortunately I forgot to take a pic fresh from the oven, so this will have to do...

image.jpg

Last edited:
This morning's omelette...

Red peppers, skilleted to al dente
Prepackaged grilled artichokes
Green onions
Grape tomatoes
Handful ground turkey taco meat
Piece of sausage
1 egg + 1 white

image.jpg

image.jpg