New to Me 100 needs exhuast? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I went through as many threads that I could find and of course searched the GOOGLE. my question is. Is there a Direct fit Bolt-on exhuast system complete with Catalytic converters? IM trying to save some money I have access to a lift that I can use to make it easier. Im not trying to go cheap nor am I trying to put a custom exhaust on either. I just dont want to pay Toyota $2300 bones. thank you for your time.

Ive never found an aftermarket exhaust system that fits like oem, and perhaps more importantly, lasts anywhere close to the ones from the factory.

I'd consider trying to find a used system in excellent condition.

Toyota wants $2,300? I assume that's without the cats because they're around $1,700 for each side. Do you actually need new cats or are you just looking for a catback system?

A new Borla 14814 stainless catback is around $700-$800; that's what I have and prices have gone down since I did it in April. I was debating on whether offering up the extra pennies and going full OEM but I saved a lot of money and got a quality aftermarket setup instead.

I replaced my cats at the beginning of the year only because I had a bunch of tax return money that I wanted to put towards my truck, had some minor bodywork done and my exhaust... it was around $2,800 total for both sides from Mid-Atlantic Toyota Parts (they want $1,361.71 per side), plus $800 for the Borla catback and other minor things such as bolts and all that jazz. I hung the exhaust myself so there was no labor!

I guess it really depends on what you're gonna want in terms of sound, clearance, etc. I'm not a heavy offroader so clearance issues weren't a concern and I like the more aggressive sound of the new setup over stock but that's just me! There are plenty of opinions to go around! Just my .02.

Rich

PS: I'm not affiliated with Mid Atlantic Toyota Parts in any way! I just find their discounted prices great, aside from our vendors on this forum!

NO my Cats are ticking I barley passed emissions. that was quoted with 10% discount but it may not have been with labor. I don't do heavy off roading but the beach and firebreaks I just want something that will last more than 3years and works maybe ill look for the used route.

You could always get those cheap Walker direct fit cats that are $300 on amazon but I've heard mixed reviews saying they're everything they needed them to be, to complete garbage...

I figure, why spend more money down the road, just do it right the first time. Look in the classifieds here and see if anyone has a used OEM system they are looking to get rid of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom