Who is using cheapie LED bars? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's one helluva great lookin' rig.....

upload_2014-8-29_16-10-34.png

Cheers. I'm thinking of ditching the square LEDs on the roof bar for either a 51 inch bar or a quad of traditional 7 inch round halogens. As mentioned earlier toss the supplied hardware straight to the garbage....or it'll be leaving rust stains on your rig within a month or two.

Rigid's are ridiculously overpriced. I am running several chinese type ebay lights and they work great.......

Agreed, way over priced.

they must be clearing out inventory, making room for the new curved light bars....lol

Last edited:
they must be clearing out inventory, making room for the new curved light bars....lol

I hear the resolution on the curved are 4k too!

Still like my Rigid.

Cheers. I'm thinking of ditching the square LEDs on the roof bar for either a 51 inch bar or a quad of traditional 7 inch round halogens.

You didn't ask, but I'm giving it anyways :) Throw a long bar under the rack. First, those lights mounted up like that look ridiculous. You know you agree because you're thinking about switching them. Second, it screams "I don't use my roof rack" because the minute you load anything longer than 4' up there or if any load shifted, those things would get knocked right off.

Constructive criticism :)

You're right... I didn't ask. It's not the look of the lights I'm unhappy with...it's the power. I'd like something with a little more kick. If you look closely they are mounted on a separate bar well forward of the rack. The longest thing I carry is a 2.8 meter kayak and it fits just fine. If I need to carry a bundle of 12' long 2x4s I spend 2 minutes with the quick connect and a 14mm socket and take the bar off. But... Thanks for the "no shaite Sherlock" advice. So in the true MUD spirit of goodwill.....go F*** yourself. :flipoff2:

Last edited:
I have a 21" $90 combo driving-spot amazon deal...love it....just pop it open and add some more screws (use Loctite) to the cb to hold it down more to the heatsink. seal it up with rtv.. and MOST IMPORTANT LOCTITE THE MOUNTING BOLTS!!!
before View attachment 935081
after
View attachment 935082
rtv everything...lol
View attachment 935083

It may not be a $849 Rigid:meh:,(I don't have race sponsors) but it works great for what it is.

Trial and error or just first hand knowledge with the technology? Great tip!

Both...lol
in my younger asphalt highway scraping days, I learned that anything lighting aftermarket will leak if not sealed by your own hand...lol

I have a 42" light bar from amazon and like it very much. They are like turning on stadium lights. A buddy has the same thing and two of the small rigid brand models. The rigid appears to be better built but they all work great. He paid way more for the two 4-bulb rigid's than he did for the amazon light bar. Definitely not worth it to me.

+1000 on rigid being overprice. I run cheap cree light bars and they kick ass. I have had one set lose a couple leds but it was cheap enough to just replace approximately 40-50 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom