Breakfasts (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh sweet jebus... I just saw the egg. How long have you and your stomach been fighting, Spress? Reminds me of a Homer Simpson quote along the lines of "okay brain, I don't like you and you don't like me. Just get me through this and I'll get back to killing you slowly with beer".

Just to clarify, though, I DO like it. Garbage plates rock. Except when they're full of potatoes as filler. And now I'm thinking of a egg on top of dinner tonight.

...via IH8MUD app

^ Wavos, Dan style ;) If we meet on the trail someday and I happen to be making this for breakfast I'll invite you over: Try not to like it :D

WTF Woody? Lots of posting error s*** going on today.

Speaking of trash plates... I will make a batch of breakfast burritos tomorrow for next week.. My long walk from the kitchen to my shop...I burn A LOT OF CALORIES.. :rolleyes::rolleyes: May need to make two for each day... :lol: j

Eggs, habaneros, potatoes, cheese, chorizo, (left over carne asada) and veggies..

J

And now I'm thinking of a egg on top of dinner tonight.

I think I'm about to get kicked out of this section (but it's all for you, Dan)...

IMG_2389.jpg

Just remember, I'm the same guy who bought this just for the label.
IMG_2388.jpg

The Brown Note...precious! John, you getting fresh Dungeness right now back there?! Just looks like a deconstructed crab cake to me ;)

Nothing fancy, darn simple in fact...but oh so fresh and unctuous from Tomales Bay courtesy of Rudy and his La Marea of the Sea, who has a booth every Friday at our local farmers market, with a couple different varieties of oysters, fresh clams and killer ceviche pescado. This is what breakfast was for me today.

plate of oysters.jpg

^ you know the saying...'s*** in one hand...wish in the other and see which one fills up first' :D Wish you were here too...I'd buy you a plate of fresh shucked oysters and clams.

You got me going on the Southern fix'ns thread so tonight the rest of the freshies get shucked for po boys.

Its nothing compared to all the stuff you guys are making, but a few weeks ago when I was backpacking in the Teton's I woke up and realized that I hadn't packed enough food for a solid breakfast... After digging around in my pack for a few minutes I found a pulverized Nature Valley "Oats and Dark Chocolate" bar that I had left in there from one of my previous trips. ...I threw it in a pot of water on my stove and reduced it into a creamy oatmeal,... and it was AWESOME! If any of you are into backpacking, it may be worth trying if you need to save weight. (although it would be better with some banana chips and chopped walnuts thrown in!)

http://savingontheessentials.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/nature-valley-oats-n-dark-chocolate.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom