*** Early FST *** (Factory Soft Top depository) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found a few more and scanned them in...

Save.jpg
Save0001.jpg
Save0002.jpg
Save0003.jpg
Save0004.jpg

The bottom 40 has some interesting turn signals and square reflectors on the fender apron and rear quarter. Has the later Toyota emblem on the radiator grill too in stead of the stamped bezel. I am guessing Toyota doctored the original photo to use it in a later model brochure. Though I am surprised they didn't doctor the door opening like I have seen in other brochures.

Cool stuff :beer:

It's a 61 too boot. Second arm rest on the front of the jump seats. Large gas cap and early bumper. If we could see the other side it might have the inlet on the apron. By the location of the hood latch I'm guessing it does.

Thought it might be the same 40 in both pictures but it's not. Both are 61s. Top one has the intake on the apron which was gone before the end of the year. It doesn't have the side reflector but has the four roller fairhead which were added state side like the reflectors. Bottom one has the large gas cap and a side reflector. The winch has the single roller which how all the early winches were imported. My 60 FJ25 FST and my 61 FJ40 FHT had the four roller fairhead added.

bottom one has husky hubs with a lever that still appears to be intact....;)

It was still pretty new. Give it another week.:rolleyes: Could be missing the one on the other side. I did pick up a set that both handles were still there. I also trading a set of early Warn hubs for one that had one handle. When I got the package no handle. Guy said it went missing from the time he took pictures until he removed them.:hmm::bang:. Also working on getting a set of second generation hubs. The original owner had one repaired and when he got it back the handle was blank not cast with the Husky. Surprised that they lasted as long as the did with the poor quality.

This one also has the four head roller for the winch. Probably installed those at the import point the same as the reflectors.

It was still pretty new. Give it another week.:rolleyes: Could be missing the one on the other side. I did pick up a set that both handles were still there. I also trading a set of early Warn hubs for one that had one handle. When I got the package no handle. Guy said it went missing from the time he took pictures until he removed them.:hmm::bang:. Also working on getting a set of second generation hubs. The original owner had one repaired and when he got it back the handle was blank not cast with the Husky. Surprised that they lasted as long as the did with the poor quality.

with all the 3d printing technology, soon you can get more made from one of your good ones ;)

I love that drawing, would love a poster of that one in my shop. The last picture appears to be a FJ43. This one was designed to use the soft door. I remember the early FJ43 in Australia that had hard doors only they were shorter on the bottom. Still kicking myself for not bidding on it when it went for sale on eBay. Not sure if they should be in this thread. Already pushing it putting in early FJ40s.:rolleyes:

Early 40 pic. I post these for FST references. Sometimes it is good to see what the factory did. I also think they are cool :)

fj40cc.jpg

Wish I could find more "candid" pictures like this. Tried to get the full size image but I couldn't explain the broken link to the webmaster.
crossroads11-30-62_p10_1_tn.jpg

Would have been a brand new FJ40 before typhoon Karen 11/30/62.

Wish I could find more "candid" pictures like this. Tried to get the full size image but I couldn't explain the broken link to the webmaster.
crossroads11-30-62_p10_1_tn.jpg

Would have been a brand new FJ40 before typhoon Karen 11/30/62.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom