Old Toyota Logo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I got the tire cover made. Here's a pic:

Pretty happy with it! Basically, bought a tire cover off amazon, then worked with a local screen printing shop to have the graphic printed. I looked around to see if anyone was already making these, and was surprised that I couldn't find one to buy (which is why I had to make it myself). I even considered having some made and reselling them :idea:. Figured I can't be the first one to have thought of this/wanted this/done this.

In for two. One in a 33", one in a 35".

Tell us where to send the money.

Nice work!!

fitzy, you got us hooked. does your silk screener still have his pattern set up?

Ok, sweet, ya happy to work with the printer to get a batch made up. Here's a break down of my product costs:

Tire cover (Smittybuilt): $22
Printing: $27
Shipping: ?

Mark up on something like is probably normally around 50% I would think? I'm no retailer, but my day job is in manufacturing (food). If I marked it up less than that and paid for shipping myself, would that seem fair to you guys? maybe like $65 bucks? I'd probably get emails from everyone interested, then invoice through Paypal or Square Up. Also, I'd probably try to group a few orders together so the printer can batch them a little better.

50% markup is reasonable and fair. Remember you have shipping both from smittybuilt and then to customer.
Looks like Beno and myself are good for two each.....If you are really going to do this...let us know and I will get you my tire sizes....I know I have 12.5 x 35 on my 60 but I can't remember on my 40, I think they are 11x33-34. The 40 is in AZ and I am headed there for the winter in a couple weeks.
I think if you advertise a group buy you will have a decent number of customers.

Good point about shipping. The printer says that set up is $22 and ink is $5. If I assume a group buy of 10 covers and total shipping costs of $16 per cover (to me, then to the buyer), I come up with $90 per cover at 50% markup ($45.20 in product cost). I'll post something in the group buy section to see what the interest is, and start a spreadsheet with everyones tires sizes and shipping details. Feel free to PM me that info and I will get to work!

Oh, I haven't sold anything on Mud before. Where is the best spot to post about the buy? '60 forum, classifieds, or...?

Alright, so setting up an online store in with squareup.com is shockingly easy, so I threw this up for anyone interested in the "teq" tire covers:

www.mkt.com/teqcovers

I'll throw this up in the classifieds area somewhere as well. Not sure if there are any formalities associated with actually selling something on Mud, but I'm happy to work those out as well.

Alright, so setting up an online store in with squareup.com is shockingly easy, so I threw this up for anyone interested in the "teq" tire covers:

www.mkt.com/teqcovers

I'll throw this up in the classifieds area somewhere as well. Not sure if there are any formalities associated with actually selling something on Mud, but I'm happy to work those out as well.

I will be in for two of them in the next couple of weeks when I get to AZ for the winter.

Sounds good, I'll get on it when it comes through!

the first logo fitzys logo
top characters = land cruiser
teg = toyota
bottom characters = toyota official parts

the second logo benos logo
top = specter off road
teg= toyota
bottom = toyota official parts

Helps to have a Japanese wife.

Nomadsurfer:
Please claryfi as I thought that Fitzys loge was the one that read Spector offroad and that Benos logo was the one that read landcruiser ?

The TEQ is not english. It is one of the two Japanese phonetic alphabets called Katakana. (TEQ)=To Yo Ta, originally the third letter that people confuse for Q had looked like Q". The quotation modifier turns the Ta sound into a Da sound. So proper phonetic spelling of the Japanese work into English would actually be TOYODA. The Katakana Letter above on the upper portion read "spector offroad" phonetically sounding like Su Pe Ku Ta Oh Fu Ro Do. or Romanji would spell like Suhpehkuta Offurohdoh. (I suggest reading this out loud to yourself to maximize enjoyment). The bottom portion of the japanese letters are in Kanji and I cannot read it but according to the previous comments it means toyota official parts.... what I got was Genuine .(something).. parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom