2 Month Road Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys, i took two months off work to travel the states and i would like to meet up with fellow cruiser heads along my travels to explore terrain that i couldn't find on my own.

I've been building my 2000 LC for 7 months now preparing for this trip and its almost done with stage 1 :)

2014-09-14_18-38-03_755_zps0296f36c.jpg

It's been equipt with a CVT rtt/awning, dual group 31 batteries, national luna isolator, ARB fridge, all rear seats delete, sliders bumpers blah blah...

I live in Northern California and my departure date will be around the 8th of october and ill be heading south to big bear for a week or so, then to Flagstaff AZ, then heading east to New Mexico. Ill then drive through texas heading towards Louisiana (New Orleans). After that ill be heading north up the 55 towards Tennessee and several other states with the destination of Madison Wisconsin.

After that ill be on my way to Colorado to meet with my buddy traveling from my home town to explore the state and back home i go!

Some plans may change along the way, and ¾ of this trip will be run solo with my dogs and it would be nice to camp and wheel with people that are familiar with these areas.

If you would like to meet up or just have advise on some of these areas please pm me or post up camping/wheeling locations. I apologize for the broad discriptions and time frame but i kind of wing it on these trips and am open to discussions

Look forward to your imput :)

Chad

When you come through Houston let us know, we can get some of the cruiser guys together and share a beer.

Consider stopping in big bend, and the Texas hill country.

^ skillet i live in grass valley, just above sacramento

Engine er thanks and thats been noted! I'll be posting pictures and reports along the way so when i get closer ill get in contact
Thanks

Passing through Colorado that late into the fall will be just that. By late October most of the high country will be covered in white stuff. You could seek out some folk in Grand Junction and then hit Moab. That will be in idea temps as will be all of Southern Utah.

Yea im aware of this, but its almost impossible to take time off in the summer so im working with what i have. Alpine loop and black bear pass are on my bucket list so hopefully i can make HIH next year!

Yea im aware of this, but its almost impossible to take time off in the summer so im working with what i have. Alpine loop and black bear pass are on my bucket list so hopefully i can make HIH next year!

You have a very slight chance those could still be open but not likely. The San Juans are not normally the first mountains to change color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom